Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
Weisman
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 19th, 2015, 5:18 pm
I clean off the badges and will not bother with ones!

Weisman Worklist
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 504#p72223

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 19th, 2015, 10:30 pm
I just accidentaly noticed that in Great Britain - Real Life folder (and possibly in others too, but I didn't checked) there is number of files that have underscores instead of spaces in the index filename.

For example (that's the upper-most example, there are many more of these)
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... unnels.PNG

which gives:
CL_D52_Enterprise_1926_Short_Funnels.PNG
instead of
CL D52 Enterprise 1926 Short Funnels.png

(I have a painful feeling, that for that and some other reasons, in some time another filename clean-up operation might be needed, similar to that one of spring 2013)

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 20th, 2015, 12:28 am
Anyone using Windows recognises why the spaces/underscore debate will rage forever. Whenever you download a pic with spaces in the name, Windows puts the dreaded " %20 "in place of the space. That is a real pain to get rid of. Putting underscores makes the name readable and is much easier to use a find/replace command on.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 20th, 2015, 12:21 pm
That question have been asked so many times. and will be asked about again. just wait half a year, and someone going to ask again.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 20th, 2015, 7:11 pm
Looking through the archive, I noticed that USS Shenandoah ZR-1 is located in the Great Britain folder when it should be in the United States folder.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: November 22nd, 2015, 2:45 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
Anyone using Windows recognises why the spaces/underscore debate will rage forever. Whenever you download a pic with spaces in the name, Windows puts the dreaded " %20 "in place of the space. That is a real pain to get rid of. Putting underscores makes the name readable and is much easier to use a find/replace command on.
That depends on the browser you use.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: January 18th, 2016, 9:47 pm
Noticed in the archives that some images are duplicates
Real Life Great Britain
SS Bantria http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201928.png
needs to be deleted as it is a duplicate
SS D-class http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... ass%20.png
is also a duplicate and should be deleted.
Also as mentioned above the following
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... 201923.png needs to be moved to the US Real Life section.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: January 18th, 2016, 9:52 pm
@Novice
Archive is turning into a mess again, I'm afraid. Besdides the space/underscore and some duplicates that appeared from nobody-knows-where it seems that lots of people forgot there are some filename rules and there are drawings named in various weird ways. :/

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: March 7th, 2016, 8:23 am
All artists who have added drawings for the latest upload, please read http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =10&t=4165

90% of all drawings currently awaiting upload have incorrect file names. One file is even labeled "0_f8003_1fb3d03d_X5L". Drawings that do not adhere to the agreed format should not be uploaded. Please read the link and change your file names, please! :evil:

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: 1st New Order Discussion thread.Posted: March 27th, 2016, 1:08 pm
AND STILL new files being added to the upload thread with zero file name rules!

No one seems that bothered so I wash my hands of it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “New Upload Announcements” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: