Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 9  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 13th, 2016, 10:30 pm
I will represent HDMS Vædderen and her progressing since the commision in 1992. Especially the fit out for the Galathea 3 expedition 2006-2007 was a challenge. When you really look at her, you will see a lot of changes with electronics and extra cranes. The heli deck is filled with containers for equipment and labotories. It was a pain in a certain place to decide which details to draw/not to draw. I'll hope I've found the right balance. A last thing; the 2016 version is maybe not complete. I've got some 3D drawings which show a crane aft the hangar. But when I was in Frederikshavn (where the Thetis class is stationed) there wasn't a crane mounted (yet). So untill further I won't draw it.
But I'll hope you enjoy this serie :D
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

All relevant Coat of Arms

Last edited by KimWerner on November 14th, 2016, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 13th, 2016, 10:50 pm
Nice work Kim,

Shows what attention to detail, and a thirst for investigation, can do to a wonderful series of drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 5:08 am
Nice work as always. Do you know if it's a new radar on the 2016 version or did they just lower the old one to compensate for the extra mass aft.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 7:33 am
These are stunning. The level of detail is incredible. Great work.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 8:37 am
A great series of one ship's life. Love the detailing on these, especially the Galathea 3 expedition drawings.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 12:30 pm
EXCELLENT work Kim :!:

Jolly Well Done old man... Nice Work :D

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Knowing how hard it is to get any information on Scandinavian vessel, and all we have up here is pictures that we can study. This is beyond awesome. I have always loved the look of the Thetis class

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 6:57 pm
Thank you mates :)
Thiel wrote:
Nice work as always. Do you know if it's a new radar on the 2016 version or did they just lower the old one to compensate for the extra mass aft.
It hasn't been able for me to get confirmed, if it is a new radar. If I'm informed correct, it's a Plessey AWS-6 radar, but I don't know if it the same radar Thetis class have had from the beginning. I can tell that the decision taken in 2011 in "Folketinget" (Danish Parliament) about the rebuild and modernisation for Seahawk included new radars and electronics. But as most of you knows, it's not always what happens in the end :? Lowering the mast was basically both because the outlook wasn't used anymore and then reduce top weight (and maybe also a new radar).

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 14th, 2016, 9:00 pm
I have completed the drawings of the Thetis class with the last vessel HDMS Triton. Of some reason she is the least photograhed of the four. She is also not so altered as the others. I know she had some upgrade around 2005-2006 but pics from 2004-2009 are totally abscent :shock:

I will present all four through the time from commisioning till now.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Here HDMS Thetis made ready for the KANUMAS project, which run from 1993-2001. It was geological survey upon the west coast of Greenland.
[ img ]
In 1995 HDMS Vædderen get upgraded her electronics
[ img ]
From 2001 and a couple of years ahead all four get upgraded. New lifeboats were the most visible change. HDMS Thetis was altered - primarely internal - so she could function as command ship
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
From 2005 and forward the class gets new under hull anti fouling paint when the vessels were in yard for maintenance and upgrading.
[ img ]
[ img ]
Here the special upgrade to Galathea 3 expedition (2006-2007) for HDMS Vædderen.
[ img ]
Here follows further changes:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
In 2010 received HDMS Thetis a satelite internet transmitter/reciever. The big dome aft the funnel.
[ img ]
In December 2015 was HDMS Vædderen converted to the future maritime helicopter; Seahawk. That helicopter came this year, and HDMS Hvidbjørnen is also converted.
[ img ]
[ img ]
This complete the Thetis class for now. Enjoy :D

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Royal Danish Navy Thetis ClassPosted: November 17th, 2016, 10:03 pm
Wow! The new additions are excellent, and amount of details on equipment for Galathea expeditions is just stunning! :o

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 9  [ 84 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: