Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Oberon II
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: April 10th, 2021, 10:28 pm
Sensational! No other word to describe this effort - Bloody good job Karle94

[ img ]

AU Democratic Commonwealth of the Falkland Islands (DCFI) [under development]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: April 13th, 2021, 6:29 pm
I've updated the Hood in 37, 40 and 41 with an updated 40mm Pom-Pom mounts that better reflect their appearence. I've also done some tweaking to the Hoods' radars in the '41 drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: April 15th, 2021, 2:16 pm
I don´t know if the Hood was a battlecruiser or a fast battleship, but certainly this is a magnificent set of very nice drawings. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: April 15th, 2021, 3:03 pm
She was classified as battlecruiser. But then British Battleship back then was somewhat slow, (sort off) compact. Basicly a brute that just slowly walk into your room, give you a beating, for then walk slowly out again, while drinking your tea!

But then it xan also be politics... just like those German frigates that you start to wonder if they are not a light destroyer instead

[Profile] [Quote]
Steampower1
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: July 5th, 2021, 4:53 pm
Excellent! Great style and you pay of attention to scale. SUPER. And to weigh in on the Fast BB or BC matter. Hood was equal in armament to eh QE BBs and not much reduced in armor. With its HP and length it might appear to be a BC but it sacrificed two knots and rode low in the water. If Hood could reliable do 30 knots I'd agree it was a BC. Compare to Renown and Repulse, they cut back guns and especially armor (almost to the point they were unsafe.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: November 9th, 2021, 8:23 pm
All of the drawings from before have been heavily reworked and I've added a 1931, 1939 (early and mid/late) editions of the ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: November 9th, 2021, 10:37 pm
Beautiful work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Steampower1
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: November 10th, 2021, 3:01 am
This is the best hood I have ever seen !

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: HMS Hood: Fast Battleship, or Battlecruiser?Posted: August 19th, 2022, 10:17 am
I've posted all of the updated drawings from Discord, check the OP for the images.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: