Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Karle94
Post subject: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 6:24 pm
Since Novice gave me permission to do the French Algérie I decided to do it. I have been able to do this on it.

Algerié as commisioned in 1934:
[ img ]

Algérie in 1941:
[ img ]

Algérie in 1941 with French flag on turrets:
[ img ]

Algérie in 1942:
[ img ]

Last edited by Karle94 on January 8th, 2013, 5:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 6:58 pm
The handsomest of the French WWII-era warships by far, IMHO.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:07 pm
Cool. I've considered doing her too, you seem to have beat me there again, just like with Bretagne and Courbet ;). Keep it up!

Greetings
Garlicdesign

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:44 pm
Great start there Karle94. The best of all French heavy cruisers, and it is just unfortunate that she could nod realize her full potential during the war.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:45 pm
Very nice so far!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:50 pm
Karle, be aware that you put a USN personnel boat behind the stack! Please take the time to check the correct appearance of the ships' boats. Combrig has released a very smart 1/700 resin model of the Algerie, and I know there are pictures of both the kit and the completed model on the Net. I have the model myself, but alas, it is, with so many other stuff packed away...

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 8:04 pm
I know that it is a USN boat. The boat shown on the sources I have used look very much the same, so I just out that one there for that reason.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 9:00 pm
Karle94 wrote:
Since Novice gave me permission to do the French Algerié I decided to do it. I have been able to do this on it.
[ img ]
Still a wrong drawing with many error :roll:
Your drawing mixing different time of the ship
He takes several AA guns in the aft but you forgot additionnal AA sponsons (1942 ultime refit)

Last edited by Colombamike on January 11th, 2013, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Well, Sir, it's your drawing, so be it as it is. I, however, would not take such a shortcut. Of course you can use that particular boat as a template and modify it so it will agree with historical acribi, that's one way of cutting a corner...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: French Heavy Cruiser AlgeriéPosted: January 7th, 2013, 9:27 pm
Have to agree with Bezo, the USN boat looks out of place. If it was a placeholder, then no foul, but really should be updated before finalization.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: