Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
thegrumpykestrel
Post subject: Perth Class DDG - HMAS PerthPosted: September 30th, 2021, 12:48 am
This'll teach me for thinking updating Perth might be a relaxing activity to spend my time waiting out lockdown. Drawing is based off plans purchased from the Navy Historical Society of Australia and cross-referenced images to pull together the detail. The ship is depicted as she appeared after her return from her second deployment to Vietnam 1968-1969.

HMAS Perth DDG 38

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Perth Class DDG - HMAS PerthPosted: September 30th, 2021, 7:24 am
I'd say that the effort was well worth it, looks very good indeed with nice detailing.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Perth Class DDG - HMAS PerthPosted: October 1st, 2021, 3:38 pm
Really fantastic work, well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Perth Class DDG - HMAS PerthPosted: October 3rd, 2021, 4:30 pm
I have a few tiny comments on this excellent drawing.
- First of all, I would personally make the openings in the bulwark next to the forward superstructure in black, not grey, as they are openings.
- Second, I think that surface search radar is an SPS-10, right? there is an better looking part for that on the wiki ;)
- Speaking of better looking parts, I think you have redrawn the FCS and the SPG-51, right? How accurate are these in your opinion, good enough that they could be added to or replace the parts on the wiki? if so, do you have the parts you updated separately?

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Perth Class DDG - HMAS PerthPosted: October 3rd, 2021, 7:16 pm
Fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: