Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Illuminati STALIN
Post subject: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 6:55 pm
Well hello there, I remembered that I had a bunch of real designs laying around in my pc and that I had never uploaded them to the SB Forum so I created this thread to first post them here as some of those could be either about ships that weren't yet added to the wiki or merely more up to date depictions.

As always feedback would always be appreciated!

[Profile] [Quote]
Illuminati STALIN
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 7:06 pm
To start off, here is my love letter to NRP-334 Dom Francisco de Almeida.
I am aware that this probably has to many heresies to be a part of the wiki but I am quite happy with the result personally and thought that I might as well share it.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Illuminati STALIN
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 7:09 pm
Next up is the Mogami class frigate that I made a few months ago, the Kumano.
It was absolutely hellish to find references for her but I think that I got her done with a good degree of certainty.

[ img ]

Last edited by Illuminati STALIN on May 11th, 2023, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Illuminati STALIN
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 7:14 pm
Also on the same note as the Mogami is the Greek version of the French FDI.
This is almost 7 months old already at this point and was made well before the first hull for the French Navy was launched so there might be some small inaccuracies. Still super happy with the result and I dont see it needing huge updates when I eventually remake it after the French commission the Amiral Ronarc'h.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Illuminati STALIN
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 7:21 pm
Next up is the glorious Type 052D, hull 174 Hefei.
Its the oldest drawing of all the surface ships that I made and as it is not as over styled it might literally be the only one that could easily be used for the wiki in the PLAN thread.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 11th, 2023, 7:58 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 12th, 2023, 5:52 am
Mogami class

Not often I see the bulb being longer the bow, But I do think the bulb is either as long as the bow or just short of the bow, but not impossible for it being longer, I have seen tons off picture off them. The Mogami class is a bit interesting ship, with some clever things. Specially the Electronic warfare mast!

But the drawing is missing the stabilization fin, I can understand why you didn't draw them, since it's not visible on dock-pictures. But that is most likely due to them being retractable.
Not the best drawing but it give an ide of plasement of stabilization fines (and Japanese models, tends to be accurate)
[ img ]

For the archive, people will also take you on that you antennas that are 3px thick, isn't drawn with a black outline.

You are also missing the anchor hatch, I know they have one on the port side (they have managed to get it relay smooth with the hull!), I haven't seen if they have on starboard side (you have to check that), would be weird if they didn't, specially since Japanese sailors love to use the anchor when docking and leaving ports (mainly on weather harden docks).
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 13th, 2023, 12:00 pm
These are very impressive drawings, but I'm afraid, that they don't really follow the Shipbucket style, among others by using excessive amount of shades or by having windows/portholes/doors sometimes outlined in black, and sometimes not (black outline is a standard). Also, in some places the "black" contour isn't REALLY black as it should be, I'm afraid (Lynx and SH-60 are prime examples).

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 14th, 2023, 1:31 pm
Illuminati STALIN wrote: *
Also on the same note as the Mogami is the Greek version of the French FDI.
This is almost 7 months old already at this point and was made well before the first hull for the French Navy was launched so there might be some small inaccuracies. Still super happy with the result and I dont see it needing huge updates when I eventually remake it after the French commission the Amiral Ronarc'h.

[ img ]
The first thing i noticed was the wrong hull number.
wiki says the greek ships are 601-602-603.
But wiki and me could be wrong... don't know much about it to be sure.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Real Designs by IlluminatiPosted: May 14th, 2023, 4:55 pm
On the wiki page for Defence and intervention frigate they are listed as F601, F602, F603, But on the Hellenic Navy wiki page, it's listed as: F467, F468, F469!?!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: