Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 198 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Go to page « 1196 197 198 199 200241 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 11:48 am
The National Bulk Carriers was company set up by Daniel K. Ludwig to transport oil and bulk cargoes, mainly iron ore. The company was operating its ships either for charter, to companies like Amoco and Sinclair, and also for itself. Although the ships were registered in New York, its operations were mainly on the Delaware River.
Here is the T3 S BZ1 type tanker after WW2. Gone now are the guns, the life rafts as well as the upper aircraft deck used to carry aircraft as cargo from the US to Britain.
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 4:12 pm
The Compañía Marítima del Nervión was established in 1907 by the merging of two Bilbao based shipping companies. In the years following the First World War the company had consolidated itself as a linear company, connecting Spain with the United States Gulf area, mainly Texas and Mexico. The company ended its day in 1986.
The ship displayed below was involved in a sad incident during the Spanish Civil war. when on a voyage between United States and Spain, she was captured by ships of the National navy taken to Ferrol where many of the crew and Republican volunteers were executed.
[ img ]

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 4:21 pm
The late T3 is very nice, but I think the railings on the main deck abeam the superstructure should be a dark gray. Having them be the standard gray is very distracting.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 4:34 pm
erik_t wrote: *
The late T3 is very nice, but I think the railings on the main deck abeam the superstructure should be a dark gray. Having them be the standard gray is very distracting.
I'll try it out.
Here
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 4:49 pm
I would go even darker in this case, the railings are normally one bit darker then the structures behind them.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm
I think it's fine - IMHO it should show the shape without being distracting. This satisfies that goal!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 18th, 2018, 7:47 pm
Excellent drawings!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 19th, 2018, 12:27 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 26th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Novice wrote: *
The Compañía Marítima del Nervión was established in 1907 by the merging of two Bilbao based shipping companies. In the years following the First World War the company had consolidated itself as a linear company, connecting Spain with the United States Gulf area, mainly Texas and Mexico. The company ended its day in 1986.
The ship displayed below was involved in a sad incident during the Spanish Civil war. when on a voyage between United States and Spain, she was captured by ships of the National navy taken to Ferrol where many of the crew and Republican volunteers were executed.
[ img ]
It should be an excellent base for drawing his refit as an auxiliary cruiser in 1938.

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: August 26th, 2018, 9:23 pm
waritem wrote: *
...snip...

It should be an excellent base for drawing his refit as an auxiliary cruiser in 1938.
All in good time.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any data regarding the colours used when the ship was camouflaged, so only a navy grey ship will be done

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 198 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1196 197 198 199 200241 »

Jump to: