Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 209 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Go to page « 1207 208 209 210 211241 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 12:01 pm
For the purposes of a user perusing the archive, it makes more sense to have British operated massive cruise ships placed under Britain folder moreso than Bahamas folder.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 8:23 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
For the purposes of a user perusing the archive, it makes more sense to have British operated massive cruise ships placed under Britain folder moreso than Bahamas folder.
Some cruise ships are still registered under their operating country name. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary are registered in Great Britain, while some of the P&O ships are also registered in the UK proper. Some ships, like the Maasdam, though nominally Dutch are registered in Curacau, still used to carry the Dutch flag, although these samples are operated by Cunard (the two Queens), or P&O, or the Holland America company (Maasdam), these companies are all daughter companies of Carnival an American company, founded by an Israeli ex-pat.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 2nd, 2019, 10:52 pm
Novice wrote: *
Colosseum wrote: *
Some cruise ships are still registered under their operating country name. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary are registered in Great Britain, while some of the P&O ships are also registered in the UK proper. Some ships, like the Maasdam, though nominally Dutch are registered in Curacau, still used to carry the Dutch flag, although these samples are operated by Cunard (the two Queens), or P&O, or the Holland America company (Maasdam), these companies are all daughter companies of Carnival an American company, founded by an Israeli ex-pat.
You may create something like United Nations folder to store all merchant ship after 1954 there. Because those Israeli ex-pat has european or american or russian or some other roots ))

To be serious I suggest to store the ship not to the flag registry folder, but to the owner's company address folder. And cut off all stakeholders, founders or other agents of the ship owner.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 8:26 am
Given what Colosseum said (Roma locuta, causa finita ;) ), does it mean that we have a (new) consensus about "sorting nationality of merchant ships according to actual (not-because-of-tax-reasons) address of the operator"?

If so, I'll try to take a look on the already-uploaded stuff when I'll be in a right mood. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 10:11 am
To be honest, I don't draw many merchant ships, but what is more important for ease of search of ships, finding out where the owners are situated or the name of the homeport literally painted on the stern of the ship? If you google ships for pictures or details, the website will always name the port of registry, while the company name and ownership will always be more difficult to find and is hardly relevant.

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 1:37 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 8:36 pm
A very, very nice sailing ship / boat. These are usually found at small ports with a big tourist industry, like Antalya and Marmaris, along Turkey's southern shores. A very nice day out experience though.
Again a very lovely drawing :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 8:42 pm
Novice wrote: *
A very, very nice sailing ship / boat. These are usually found at small ports with a big tourist industry, like Antalya and Marmaris, along Turkey's southern shores. A very nice day out experience though.
Again a very lovely drawing :)
This one from Marmaris. I have visited this town last month )

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 11:42 pm
I was just in Kaş sailing aboard this one myself! https://www.guletyacht.net/charter-turkey/kasapoglu-5

[Profile] [Quote]
olekit24
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: October 5th, 2019, 11:01 am
One more Vision-class cruise liner:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 209 of 241  [ 2401 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1207 208 209 210 211241 »

Jump to: