Shipbucket
http://shipbucket.com/forums/

Merchant Ships
http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=128
Page 198 of 214

Author:  Novice [ August 18th, 2018, 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

The National Bulk Carriers was company set up by Daniel K. Ludwig to transport oil and bulk cargoes, mainly iron ore. The company was operating its ships either for charter, to companies like Amoco and Sinclair, and also for itself. Although the ships were registered in New York, its operations were mainly on the Delaware River.
Here is the T3 S BZ1 type tanker after WW2. Gone now are the guns, the life rafts as well as the upper aircraft deck used to carry aircraft as cargo from the US to Britain.
[ img ]

Author:  Novice [ August 18th, 2018, 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

The Compañía Marítima del Nervión was established in 1907 by the merging of two Bilbao based shipping companies. In the years following the First World War the company had consolidated itself as a linear company, connecting Spain with the United States Gulf area, mainly Texas and Mexico. The company ended its day in 1986.
The ship displayed below was involved in a sad incident during the Spanish Civil war. when on a voyage between United States and Spain, she was captured by ships of the National navy taken to Ferrol where many of the crew and Republican volunteers were executed.
[ img ]

Author:  erik_t [ August 18th, 2018, 4:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

The late T3 is very nice, but I think the railings on the main deck abeam the superstructure should be a dark gray. Having them be the standard gray is very distracting.

Author:  Novice [ August 18th, 2018, 4:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

erik_t wrote: *
The late T3 is very nice, but I think the railings on the main deck abeam the superstructure should be a dark gray. Having them be the standard gray is very distracting.
I'll try it out.
Here
[ img ]

Author:  acelanceloet [ August 18th, 2018, 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

I would go even darker in this case, the railings are normally one bit darker then the structures behind them.

Author:  erik_t [ August 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

I think it's fine - IMHO it should show the shape without being distracting. This satisfies that goal!

Author:  eswube [ August 18th, 2018, 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

Excellent drawings!

Author:  emperor_andreas [ August 19th, 2018, 12:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

Very nice work!

Author:  waritem [ August 26th, 2018, 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

Novice wrote: *
The Compañía Marítima del Nervión was established in 1907 by the merging of two Bilbao based shipping companies. In the years following the First World War the company had consolidated itself as a linear company, connecting Spain with the United States Gulf area, mainly Texas and Mexico. The company ended its day in 1986.
The ship displayed below was involved in a sad incident during the Spanish Civil war. when on a voyage between United States and Spain, she was captured by ships of the National navy taken to Ferrol where many of the crew and Republican volunteers were executed.
[ img ]
It should be an excellent base for drawing his refit as an auxiliary cruiser in 1938.

Author:  Novice [ August 26th, 2018, 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merchant Ships

waritem wrote: *
...snip...

It should be an excellent base for drawing his refit as an auxiliary cruiser in 1938.
All in good time.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any data regarding the colours used when the ship was camouflaged, so only a navy grey ship will be done

Page 198 of 214 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/