Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 6:37 am
Victory looks beautiful, and the Vulcan is one of the nicest-looking small vessels on Shipbucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 11:35 am
Carthaginian wrote:
Victory looks beautiful, and the Vulcan is one of the nicest-looking small vessels on Shipbucket.
Thanks Carthaginian, I believe you mean the Nelson instead of the Victory, though the differences between the two is marginal at best. I'm glad you like the Vulcan, she was a very fine and extremely maneuverable vessel in her time.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:45 am
Another that's soon to finish

[ img ]

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:08 am
Isn't it facing the wrong direction? I thought starboard was standard.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 5:29 am
Yes it is facing the wrong way, that's as I'm working from a rare source which faces that way, it will be flipped as the ship was symmetrical on.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 21st, 2012, 10:28 am
Childers and Vulcan added, starting to work through the literal web of Nelson's rigging

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 21st, 2012, 12:58 pm
Rodondo

A small FYI: Attached are two sets of plans for a Imperial Russian Torpedo Boat Sookhum. (Sorry if anglised spelling is incorrect) The plans are from a Russian site which has scans of various magazines.

Why am I posting these? Oddly enough Sookhum was a sister ship to HMVS Childers.

Cheers

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 21st, 2012, 9:42 pm
....*Head Explodes*. I'd heard of the Russian sister but I was under the impression that they differed slightly. There are small differences though that I can pick, the outer railing on the Childers continues further fore and that the boat was at one point(briefly) carried aft of the funnels. But I see this has better detail than my source and I'll have to give it an update

[Profile] [Quote]
Adm Emett
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: April 5th, 2012, 1:51 am
I want to see flags and Maps too

I am an Admiral of the Mcnenrian Royal Navy....and an Anglophile a lover of English things. also I like the Red Fleet. I am here on shipbucket to bulid a navy. I will maybe post a thread for artists to submit designs. I will make the navy basically UK with the USN budget.....

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: April 5th, 2012, 2:39 am
[ img ]

Location of Victoria in Australia

[ img ]

The small area in which the fleet resided and protected, notably the the "Rip"

http://www.cerberus.com.au/flags.html Flags flown (mostly by HMVS Cerberus)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 59 »

Jump to: