Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: October 4th, 2014, 8:19 am
Very nice work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: December 31st, 2014, 12:57 pm
Thanks Hood, just sneaking this in with minutes to go, my last upload for 2014, the simple little Picket Boat "Mars"

[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: December 31st, 2014, 3:37 pm
Lovely, absolutely lovely. Such a beautiful little ship. I wish I had 'one last upload' for today, but it was not meant to be. I just have to enjoy what my mates produce...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: December 31st, 2014, 7:43 pm
Awww... cute! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: January 1st, 2015, 3:58 pm
Thanks all :)

About to set out the outline for the HMCS/HMcss/HMCWS/HMVS Victoria (I) however, there's a slight issue
Quote:
She is 176ft, in length,....
The Australasian Sketcher, 1 July 1874
this the only mention of her length that everyone seems to quote but it's hard to determine whether it's gun deck length, overall or another form of measurement, hence I'm in a quandary over what to do to avoid a scaling issue.

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 1st, 2017, 7:41 am
HMVS Victoria (I)

Launched 1855, delivered in 1856, this was one of Australia's first warships and was in my opinion a bit of eye candy as well, 176ft in length she was a jack of all trades, light house duties, patrols, cable laying and surveying to name just some.

Serving in the first Taranaki War, she ferried troops across the ditch to serve as well as bolster naval efforts there, to avoid legal troubles she was considered as a commissioned auxiliary to the Royal Navy. The next year she searched the Gulf of Carpentaria for Burke and Wills without success but contributed much to the exploration of the region. Afterwards she was involved in the rescue of the Netherby and by 1880 she was decommissioned after a fairly full service. Broken up around 1895

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: March 1st, 2017, 7:40 pm
Great work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: April 11th, 2017, 2:58 am
HMS Boomerang and her sister HMS Karrakatta were partially paid for by the Australian Colonies to be on the Australian station for the majority of their services. Mostly spent their their lives in Sydney Harbour, they returned to England for scrapping about 1903-1906.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: April 11th, 2017, 4:31 am
Nice! Really nice!
CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Gold Funnel Fleet, Victoria's Colonial NavyPosted: April 11th, 2017, 7:30 am
That's a really nice drawing Rodondo, very nice detailing and lovely hull colours too.
I might have been tempted to draw the forecastle casemate with slightly darker outlines but it looks good the way you've done it as the lighter grey blends in well with the white hull stripe.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 87 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: