Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 29th, 2011, 9:53 pm
Hi shipbucket!! I'm new here, and here is both my first post and first try, it is not finished yet. It was hard to find info to draw these ships, but they were among the few modern HN ships not yet made, as far I could search, otherwise I have made a fool of my self :oops: :oops: :oops:
[ img ]
more here!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSY-55_class_gunboat

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 29th, 2011, 11:56 pm
Few points to a good start

*shading of the bridge wings
*there is a winch behind the forwards gun
*I assume you haven't finished the sides yet as some stuff is missing
*The ship is much to high, it should be moved down considerably
*your artist name(generally your username) should be under the ship's name in brackets and the writing should be not a pixel haze
*Last point is just a neat point-the orange border needs to be removed

Otherwise, great to see more people doing Real designs!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 7:21 am
Moved to beginners drawing forum

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 9:04 am
Rodondo wrote:

*your artist name(generally your username) should be under the ship's name in brackets and the writing should be not a pixel haze

Iwas expecting some kind of help, but since I told you it is not finished yet, what is the point of pointing out the obvious again and again? As for the hight, as far as I can see, it is not far off, I include a picture you know.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 9:10 am
ReiAyanami wrote:
Rodondo wrote:

Iwas expecting some kind of help, but since I told you it is not finished yet, what is the point of pointing out the obvious again and again? As for the hight, as far as I can see, it is not far off, I include a picture you know.
Hello and welcome! I think he meant the placement of the drawing on the template, rather than the actual height of the boat.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 9:21 am
Jabba you're right, I meant placement, I didn't word that too well

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 9:38 am
also, you have to use the new OTO 76 drawing, and I can't place the director you have on board..... and you have an antenna floating in the air. also, your aft gun is of the wrong type, so is the crane you put on.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _61%29.jpg

anyways, good start and a good choice for a first ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 11:10 am
Thanks! Then the parts in the main page are obsolete, I managed to find some posts in the forum, but I can't find the new parts, can you show me where? Here is what I have done so far. Also these ships change their equipment all the time, here is a newer picture:
http://img.fyjs.cn/Mon_0704/25_9123_c98332eaa3a8086.jpg

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 11:17 am
the image won't load for me....
indeed, the parts on the main site are obsolete. I (and quite a lot other people) are working on renewing it.
I think the gun is still wrong, the picture I found showed an open mount. also, I think you can best draw your own crane with the pics, as this one looks faulty as well... although better then the old one.
you have quite a lot of shapes outlined in grey, if they stand out of the hull (as is the case here, IIRC) they need to be outlined in black.
anyway, it is getting better, keep up the good work, but watch out: it is still far from finished ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ReiAyanami
Post subject: Re: Hellenic navy HSY-55 class & variantsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 12:04 pm
Sorry for the spamming, but since this is my first drawing , I need to know...
The P61 has an enclosed bofor on the quarterdeck, but for the sake of argument here is the current update...
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: