[Post Reply] [*]  Page 29 of 29  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Small ShipsPosted: August 30th, 2019, 2:43 pm
@Eswube
No, as said, the doors needed work, but "THAT's the way to draw the door" suggests that is the only allowed way.

As for the skeg, while your alternatives no longer have 2 double black pixels, both of them suggest a skeg of a different angle then the one drawn. Accuracy sometimes trumps a few black pixels in my book.
I did not look at the reference, so I ignored comments on that: I purely commented on how making the shape of said opbjects would alter their shape from what they are now (I have not checked with refs so I have no opinion on if they are accurate now) but just saying that it is not impossible to draw these as such. Especially the mast top which you suggested to use greys to avoid black blobs, has no issues at all in my book.

@Albert, looking forward to the updated version of this drawing and any future drawings, they show promise ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Small ShipsPosted: September 7th, 2019, 5:59 pm
A fish tug with an interesting history.

Built in 1937 in Manitowoc, WI as the fish tug Albert J, the vesel Barney Devine was purchased by the Wisconsin Conservation Department in 1940 for use as fishery enforcement and research vessel on southern Lake Michigan. The ship's name was changed in the following year after the late chief warden of the same name. Sometime after the Conservation Department was reorganized into the Department of Natural Resources, the original Kahlenberg oil engine was replaced with a Cummins diesel powerplant in 1972, and the pilothouse was reconstructed at the same time. In 2012, the DNR took delivery of a new vessel, Coregonus to replace the 75 year old Barney Devine, which was sold at auction to Halvorson Fisheries of Cornucopia, WI on Lake Superior. As near as I can tell, she's still hauling whitefish and lake trout out of Superior.

[ img ]

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Small ShipsPosted: September 8th, 2019, 9:42 am
Cute! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 29 of 29  [ 283 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 125 26 27 28 29

Jump to: