Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 2:14 pm
The Japanese DD ''Patrol Boat 106'' the captured Dutch Bancket at Dutch East Indies.
Attachment:
DD Patrol boat 106.png

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 2:59 pm
Heh, when I sorta "requested" these, I had set my mind of really great drawings.
You didn't dissapoint me at all, so great work again!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 3:10 pm
Really Thanky-you!!! I'm really glad you like it!

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 4:10 pm
Great ships drawn in good skills are the gem of this forum. I would just hope we could start seeing more of the post WWI British Destroyer fashions done in similar level. The Prototypes, A-s and all the leaders...

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 4:49 pm
Yea indeed I agree with that! I've some Dutch ''Pre'' war destroyers I'll do soon, I hope they will Oké aswell. I'll send a drawing + photo to your mail if you want, to get an impression of the design?

[Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 6:47 pm
I really like this! It's great to see an entire class of ships.
I have read about the ABDA naval forces fighting against
the Japanese in early 1942, but I could never find any
detailed photos or drawings of the Dutch destroyers.
Thank you.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 2nd, 2010, 6:49 pm
No Thanks, Glad you liked. I've post some artciles with my dad Drawing + photo and a spec list at my web-log, the first 10 messages have some: http://warshipsresearch.web-log.nl/

[Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 10:55 am
Excellent work Alexander. This may help you (if you didn't use them or had them before)
http://www.warshipsww2.eu/netherland/dd ... nghent.gif
http://www.warshipsww2.eu/netherland/dd ... dewith.gif
There were some small differences between the two sub-groups: The Evertsen, Kortneaer, Piet Hien and Van Ghent had 2 75mm AA guns and no 40mm guns, and the Banckert, Van Galen, Van Nes and Witte de With had 1 75mm AA gun and 4 40mm guns.
All eight ships were a modification of the Yarrow designed A class for the Royal Navy, but had the ability to carry a small floatplane and all had no shields to their super-firing guns (as drawn by ALVAMA).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: September 3rd, 2010, 2:53 pm
Thanks Novice, I added already my post this morning. Thanks for that webpage.

[Quote]
nimitz
Post subject: Re: Dutch Admiralen class Destroyers (Van Galen + Van Ghent)Posted: August 13th, 2014, 8:19 am
can't see attached files.....
could someone show :

DD Witte de Witt.png
DD Evertsen.png
DD Kortenaer.png

i've got a project about battle of java sea...
Thanks a lot!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 31 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: