Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 18th, 2011, 1:07 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Novice, Please do the three Tachikazes too. Especially in their latest configs! Your drawings are absolutely superb!
My reason for starting this thread, was the fact that the early ships were missing. Early ships meaning from around 1950 to 1970. The Tachikaze class are from a later date. SOme of those later date ships need some updating, but that need to be discussed with the original artist.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 18th, 2011, 2:33 am
Oh, as far as I know those haven't been made at all! So, with your, apparently, intimate knowledge, you'd consent to do them, that'd be great! - And, if they've already have been done, then someone needs to point to the link, since I've been searching them here in vain! Again, though, I think you're the man to do it!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 18th, 2011, 3:44 am
I tried to draw Takatsuki a while back (like 2 years ago, lol). There was not enough reference material and I was an amateur artist, so if anyone wants to redo that one, please go right ahead. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 18th, 2011, 10:03 am
I tried to convert Colosseum modified version of the JMDF Takatsuki into the as build version 1970 (one of about 68 half strarted projects !!) good drawings of the modfied version are hard to come by, even with photos there not a lot around

[ img ]

My poor attempt !!!
[ img ]

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 18th, 2011, 10:11 am
This should be better
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 19th, 2011, 2:27 am
I see severe artifacts on these drawings. Also, the 12.75" TT you've used is old and should not be used.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 19th, 2011, 8:11 am
Quote:
I see severe artifacts on these drawings.
erik_t: you do know what an artifact is, right? I don't believe these drawings can be accused of containing any artifacts whatsoever!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 19th, 2011, 8:50 am
I now see that it wasn't done as yet. I will try my best to make the Takatsuki as built. The Tachikazes were a different ship class. The Takatsuki were DD, while the Tachikazes are DDG.
Graham: maybe you have the Maru booklet on the Tachikaze?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

Last edited by Novice on March 19th, 2011, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 19th, 2011, 8:59 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Quote:
I see severe artifacts on these drawings.
erik_t: you do know what an artifact is, right? I don't believe these drawings can be accused of containing any artifacts whatsoever!
...and with that, I quit this thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: JMSDF early destroyersPosted: March 19th, 2011, 1:37 pm
Yes there are some artefacts, somehow my photo bucket account is doing something to GIFs that I tried to upload have to go back and check my settings something to do upload size or something like that. But cant get access to it just now. The drawing of the Takatsuki “as built” is a very preliminary WIP that I was playing with a while ago, as usual every drawing and photo that I have don’t quite match up but that’s what makes life interesting
I dont have the Maru booklet on the Tachikaze. But will put some drawing Janes/Skywave Box art drawings (quite good actual) shortly

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »

Jump to: