Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 6:39 am
Bombhead wrote:
I rather like that.When I save that one for my own files I think I will have to draw myself on deck,perhaps with a leggy blonde or two.
Go ginger instead. Redheads rock! I know, I married one. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 2:19 pm
:lol: Maybe you could add a jackuzzi as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 19th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Aye, a better version from your first post. As for the ladies, well get one of each...

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 3:15 am
I had the idea of drawing all the boats I've worked on and was amazed to see that the Heesen 3700 series had already been drawn by Ace as the AURELIA. It is a top quality drawing which really captures the lines and the character of the boat. Ace has graciously let me adapt his drawing to reflect MY LADY INGEBORG which was the first of her class and has since been renamed MY NECKLACE. I have made slight adjustments to the window layout and added the underwater hull. Many thanks to Ace for letting me use his drawing.

[ img ]

Last edited by Charybdis on June 24th, 2012, 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 9:12 am
4 comments:
isn't it lady ingeborg?
and the black/dark grey line on the hull just underneath the windows seems not to be on this vessel (IIRC, that is an pure paint line on the aurelia)
the mast equipment seems to be a little different from the aurelia (smaller satcoms on an different position, at least)
the 'rail' along the hull at deck level could IMO better be an black line instead of the grey one you have now.

btw, what is the source for that underwater hull? it seems more or less (but not entirely) correct but I can't say because I have never seen reference for it (well maybe next year, a friend of mine is going to work at heessen for a few months)

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 1:41 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
4 comments:
isn't it lady ingeborg?
and the black/dark grey line on the hull just underneath the windows seems not to be on this vessel (IIRC, that is an pure paint line on the aurelia)
the mast equipment seems to be a little different from the aurelia (smaller satcoms on an different position, at least)
the 'rail' along the hull at deck level could IMO better be an black line instead of the grey one you have now.

btw, what is the source for that underwater hull? it seems more or less (but not entirely) correct but I can't say because I have never seen reference for it (well maybe next year, a friend of mine is going to work at heessen for a few months)
You're right, I made a spelling mistake in the title. With the dark line under the window... I took it away but it seemed to change the look of the boat. Without it, the forward cabin windows seem to lose their shape so I kept it in for effect. I didn't alter anything in the mast because it looked pretty much the same but maybe I should put a bigger satcom dome. The rail along the hull is the stainless steel rubbing strake so I used grey instead of black.

My refs for the underwater section of the boat were lost when my laptop was stolen. We had a dry dock period so I saw the detail, unfortunately this is done from memory. I can't find any refs online... I may have some back in the UK so I'll update it when I get home. Thanks for the comments, Ace. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: SuperyachtsPosted: June 24th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Here's a picture I took in Venice of Ingeborg and Seascape together. Hulls 1 & 2.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 11  [ 107 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 11

Jump to: