Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 15th, 2012, 9:37 pm
I was trying to be constructive. It's an impressive drawing and being unfamiliar with the ships' lines it looks fine to me.

Anyway, I apologize for making that post appear to be a direct criticism to you. When I said "you" in reference to cross-referencing photos, I meant everybody reading that post, not you specifically. The post wasn't aimed at you specifically in that same regard too, but was meant as a general recommendation to everyone reading.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 15th, 2012, 10:06 pm
Laser, I'd be happy to assist you in every conceivable respect! I'm truly sorry that I had to write my critique, since my regards for your abilities is profound, so expect what I've got shortly!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 16th, 2012, 4:28 am
VERY nice work...here's hoping we see the 1930s major Italian liners (Rex and Conte di Savoia) on here soon!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 16th, 2012, 4:36 pm
mmmmm....SEXY!!! ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
dreadnaught111
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 17th, 2012, 6:31 pm
Two beautiful ships that, like the QE2 and the France, showed the world how modern and stylish an ocean liner could be. :D

Pity they sold them to the Iranians, though. I mean, Costa made an offer to buy and operate the two (as well as several other Italian Line ships like the Leonardo da Vinci) as combination cruise-liners. Perhaps they'd have been in service long enough for a preservation group to buy one of them from Costa (or whoever would've bought her after Carnival decided to sell off Holland-America and Costa's classic liners). Imagine going to Genoa and visiting the SS Michelangelo Museum! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 17th, 2012, 7:38 pm
If I know my friend Lazer right, he'll "sexy" them up even more with the help of additional source material, and then they're REALLY going to be sweet things for your eyes! But yes, a pity they're not around anymore really a shame...

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: January 17th, 2012, 8:52 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
If I know my friend Lazer right, he'll "sexy" them up even more with the help of additional source material, and then they're REALLY going to be sweet things for your eyes! But yes, a pity they're not around anymore really a shame...
... I'll issue as soon as possible a much more sexy drawing (thanking to Bezo's support).

By the way it is quite complex to visit such huge liners. In Genoa there is a 1:1 reconstruction in the Maritime museum which gives enough sensations about the '30 travel from Italy to US. It is possible to "enter" the bridge and route the ship through Gibraltar: out of the windows there is a maxi-video controlled by a suitable sw reacting to the wheel and the propeller control...
I had with my children another fine day in St. Nazaire with a similar reconstruction made in one shell of the huge bunker for U-booten.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: February 5th, 2012, 8:42 am
I am practically redrawing Raph and Mick...

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: February 5th, 2012, 5:05 pm
Oh yes! NOW we're talking serious business here! Hurry up to finish them both, willya! Great job, and, I think well worth the hassle! Oh, btw, though I realize you're far from finished. They did actually have a bilge keel, so don't forget to draw that in place too!

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: SS Michelangelo and SS RaffaelloPosted: February 5th, 2012, 6:21 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Oh, btw, though I realize you're far from finished
I am actually refining the deck over the bridge and the foremast and then I come down again...

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: