Posts:4381 Joined: July 27th, 2010, 5:10 am
A one of Armed ice-breaker of Soviet Border Guards. This ship was designed in the late 30's to combat illegall seal hunting in Barent's sea and laid down in 1938, but completed only in the early fifties. It served few years in the Barents before beeing transferred to the Pacific fleet and used there way untill 1990. She embarked first use of shipboard Helicopter in Soviet Border Guard missions from improvised wooden helipad build on the bow.
_________________ Coming next: L/M Moskva, some research ships, pr.26bis, Pr.1144 remakes and Project 1143 complete redux.