Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 613 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 11:49 am
I took some time comparing the two contesting drawings, and guess what? It's my belief that, by actually combining the two into one, we might arrive at the most accurate rendition of the LCF! Since MitcheLL300 is starting out with the Hr. Ms. Evertsen, and since MihoshiK has returned a general view of the class I compared huge deep-detailed photographies of the Hr. Ms. De Zeven Provincien and the Evertsen with the two competing drawings. It turns out that both are still imperfect, standing alone. Even if combined they ought to have a few corrections and necessary details added to complete the picture. But, if you combine them, by thorough comparision with the 'real-life' object we can arrive at a closer wholeness of the ship-class. - So, why don't the esteemed master-drawers/gentlemen, sit down for a virtual pow-wow and iron those details etc out? I think SB will only benefit!

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 1:35 pm
Tell use the wrong stuff, and we can adjust it...
As far as i looked each day on the LCF's (tromp, evertsen, de ruyter) i got everything correct as i saw.
I didnt look at everything yet 100%, each day im still changing my stuff.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 6:52 pm
MitcheLL300 wrote:
No no we aint buying them.
We already got them, the first load was loaded onto De Ruyter like a few months ago.
This was for a major cruise to the west wich was canceled because one of her main engine's broke down (its being fixed atm)
The 2nd ship to receive them will be the Evertsen (according to plan)
This also includes the Tromp, De Ruyter addition of a 2nd goalkeeper.
So that the ships will have a full use.

And if the plan goes through , by 2014 all LCF's have:
No ECM.
2x Goalkeeper
Sm-3
(One of the 4) Tomahawk
Mitch, I know that you're in the Royal Netherlands Navy, and seeing as I'm in the Royal Norwegian Navy, I'm gonna say this as one ally to another, once and once only. I assume that the Dutch policy on information of an operational nature, such as what sort of armament Dutch warships carry routinely and other operational details relating to the warships of the Dutch Navy, is similar to that of the Royal Norwegian Navy, namely that unless you can directly link this information to publically known sources, you should keep your yap shut and think before you speak. Details of an operational nature are (at least in the RNoN) considered to be classified NATO RESTRICTED, and I assume that the same is true for the Royal Netherlands Navy. I'm also assuming that you've signed a Non-Disclosure document, same as I have, where you understand that revealing classified information is punishable under law. So, unless you can link to publically known information, be silent about it. People don't have a need to know for instance what kind of missile load the Seven Provinces class routinely carry, even though they might want to know.

OPSEC always trumps winning an Internet discussion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 7:44 pm
These plans have been in defence paper's, wich you can read online.
So no hard stuff about it.
And im not the only one of the 60.000 speaking about this, so i dont got feeling for it aswell.

But yeah i will keep my mouth shut then if you want ;)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 23rd, 2010, 8:33 pm
Oh, I meant no insult to anyone. I hope you did not take it as such MitcheLL300?!? What's wrong, you ask. That may be the wrong question to ask, since it presumes that either one of you or one in particular were in the wrong with their drawings. Now, although I've only quite recently discovered the delight of creating ships through MS Paint, I have a thorough experience of designing ships of all varieties and ages for the past 25 years or so, so I know how hard it sometimes can be to reconcile either 'eye-witness' drafting or a plan to reality. If you allow me, since I took the liberty of amalgamating the best features (most plausible, that is) of both your drawings to see how it would suit the real ship (-s) I could email you that one, of course for you to peruse and use as you like? It'd be easier thatn to try and remember the things I discovered. But, overall, what I tried to imply is that here are two basically excellent renderings of a certain ships' class. How could it go wrong if two such brilliant artists then made common cause? As I said, I believe SB will only benefit from such an effort!

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 12:42 am
These plans were there in 2004 , due to budget cuts in 2005 the plans for Tommhawks were canceled or at least placed on the long term updates for the Zeven Provincien. The plans were that 2 of the 4 LCF's will get SM-3 and the other 2 get Tommhawk missile's. The plans as they are now are that each ship will get a ''standard ABM layout of 8 SM-3's'' , The HNLMS Tromp tested here ABM capabilities near the coast of Hawaii , the Smart-L / APAR combination is capable of detecting enemy missile's up to 2000 km in 360 degrees around the ship ( as far as this is unclassified by the MOD) im sure they can do much more than 2000 km. The plans to update the Zeven Provincien for operations after 2020 i asume the Tommahawk idea will come up again. I also heard somewere that the german navy is also intrested to fit there F-124's (Sachen Class) with SM-3 in the future.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 7:15 am
I believe 2000km is a bit overrated. Maybe 200km?

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 8:28 am
Novice wrote:

I heard the same story of other people aswell for sure.

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 9:15 am
Novice wrote:
2000 is correct. the SMART-L is just as capable (if not more) then aegis. it can be used to detect ballistic missiles.......

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: October 24th, 2010, 9:26 am
Novice wrote:
The normal range for the smart-l is 480 km , but in 2006 thales tested in cooperation with the RNLN newer software and some stuff that extended the range up to 2000 km for ABM search that will make it one of the best long range detection radars in the world.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 613 »

Jump to: