Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 10 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 13 »
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 9:33 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
miho, the ship looks good, apart from:
some double black pixel lines in the screw
Going to leave them. If I remove them, you lose a lot of the "depth" in the screw. Heck, simply remoding the shading already did that, I don't want ot lose the last bit of it.
Quote:
APAR too large..... I know it is an bitch to redraw that entire mast, but....... well, the entire APAR is just a bit overscaled (1/2 pixels to all sides) I would go for perfection, but I have to admit yours looks good.... but I will add mine to the dutch parts sheet (unless you can make some better detail of it in the size I have now, then that one will be added) because ships in the future can't have that same overscaled part. if you don't want to redraw the structure, I am ok with that. but it is not exactly right, and doesn't belong on the sheet because of that. ok?
The APAR faces themselves are the right size. Well, one pixel too high, but I gave my reasons for that, it was a deliberate artistic choise. Equally so is the reason that the TOWER is a half pixel on all sides too wide: We can't DRAW halfpixels. The bane of the scale and methods we work with. If we make the tower a single pixel less wide, we have to redraw the APAR faces. And THOSE are as close to perfection as I can make em. I really suggest that you accept the 15 cm too wide tower. It's simply an artefact of the methods we use. I'd rather have the APAR faces to scale than the tower, simply because a single pixel sizing error in the tower is less conspicuous than a sizing error in a radar face which is much smaller. I mean, that tower is only 2% too wide. Most people who draw from linedrawings scanned from books will make mistakes at least that big.

Remember, that resized picture I used too compare the drawing with, that came from a whole resized LCF picture. There's no scaling error in it, it's perfectly scaled.
Quote:
what did I say..... IT LOOKS GREAT! mitch's one is just as good in case of drawing quality, but I think you have small details better then him. (and mostly some parts better looking ;) )
I'm very happy wit the ship. Some of the detailing in fact came from Mitch. If he hadn't been so adamant about redrawing the whole ship and introducing his owm mistakes I have no doubt he would have produced something of similar quality. And to be honest...
A lot of the insane detailing (like the crane and the cannon and indentations in the side of the APAR tower) were the result of being pissed at Mitch and trying to outdo him...

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 9:44 pm
well, the tower is one pixel on all sides too large, not an half one. I am sure of that. so I stay on my stance.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 9:54 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
well, the tower is one pixel on all sides too large, not an half one. I am sure of that. so I stay on my stance.
Le Sigh. Not based upon the scaled picture I attached. It's only a single pixel too wide.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 9:57 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
Le Sigh. Not based upon the scaled picture I attached. It's only a single pixel too wide.
miho, I have said what I decided, and I compared it not by the picture but by my own drawing, which was all based on my render which I believe to be reliable onto 5-10 cm, and on similar pictures as you worked with.

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 10:15 pm
@ MihoshiK : I like your APAR ,but i think it is TO detailed , it looks Great! i think we should go with your APAR. maybe to end this BS call out a poll:D then we see what the members think or colo has to say APAR 1 of APAR 2 that would be the most honest decision.

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 10:42 pm
If I may have my Five Cents, I believe that we've reached a very agreeable compromise, though it evidently took blood, sweat and tears to get there. From this point, if anyone care, it's possible to easily adjust the ZP to show the other three vessels in the class. I believe too, it was a sensible decision to retain Mitch's props, since those (albeit originally in the wrong coloration) represents more accurately the real thing. But overall it's a satisfactory outcome of it all!

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 12th, 2010, 10:59 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
MihoshiK wrote:
acelanceloet wrote:
miho, I have said what I decided, and I compared it not by the picture but by my own drawing, which was all based on my render which I believe to be reliable onto 5-10 cm, and on similar pictures as you worked with.
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
@ MihoshiK : I like your APAR ,but i think it is TO detailed , it looks Great! i think we should go with your APAR. maybe to end this BS call out a poll:D then we see what the members think or colo has to say APAR 1 of APAR 2 that would be the most honest decision.
Let's wait a minute here. First off, I'm not a fan of Polls for something like this. Ace and I have to work this out as far as we can before we call in the peanut gallery. Also, I've just gotten some new info, courtesy of Mitch:

[ img ]
Looks like my original APAR tower was too low, although the proportions of the APAR facing were correct. As before I've left the APAR facing a bit too low, in order to imitate a bit of overhang to the rear. If I were to be completely correct the facing would have to be half a pixel higher, with the bulb centered.
The whole of the upper tower was raised by two pixels, and is now much more in line with the photograph, which is taken just about head-on with the APAR facing. There's no overhang distortion at all in this one.
Also, you can see that the corner radius I've used in my APAR facing is pretty much dead-on.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Mitch, thank you. If this thing isn't correct now...

[Profile] [Quote]
MC Spoilt B'stard
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 13th, 2010, 1:01 am
I was just trying to find a solution in the BS discussion;) i wont critisise anyone i want to keep my mostly neutral position:D

------
Caption signing treaty with England by Johan de Witt

[Working List]
None

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 13th, 2010, 4:22 pm
I am sorry miho, my intel proved wrong... mitch gave the dimensions to me as well, and I am working with him on an new apar, using mostly what you had drawn already. the dimensions of your new drawing are off, so we have to redo it, but well........ moulded together it will look great :D
our take on this, kept all your details except the shading on the plate (except a bit darker line at the bottom, to show it stands off)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dutch Anti Air-commando-Frigate's(LCF)Posted: November 13th, 2010, 5:07 pm
another problem found! mitch noticed an error in the cannon... the size was wrong. when I sended him some reference material for it (with correct sizes) he noted it was too low!

when I looked at other oto guns, I found out the oto 76 stealth was scaled wrong as well, and in the meantime mitch modified miho's cannon, and drew an front view.
Attachment:
voor ace.png
he also asked if I wanted to post the front view of his lcf :D and if it is ok for the standard.
I will redraw the oto 76 stealth as well, and will do more views of it as well ( I can do that with the 3d model I made of it)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 10 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 18 9 10 11 12 13 »

Jump to: