Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
BB1987
Post subject: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 8:57 pm
JSDF DDG-177 Atago:

[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on August 30th, 2016, 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:09 pm
that might be the result of the one drawing being GIF and mine PNG. cannot think of any other reason.
note that, IIRC, that is not the correct main gun, and that there might be some flaws in the atago drawing of mconrads so you might want to check with other references as well (I suppose you have done that, if so, consider this never said and an misunderstanding from what you said) and I could post some for you tomorrow if needed)
other then that, it is looking quite good and I would say you certainly deserve credit for this.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Japan like there vessel tall!

It almost look like they gave here an extra deck just for fun! But it is probably because of weapons on the aft superstructure. A.B. Class design philosophy is good but it has it's down side when you want today's tec. but if it works, it works. But she is most likely a funny ship in heavy weather at combat speed!!

But this is a good drawing of this ship.

but if you want to to a top view (from http://www.globalsecurity.org):

[ img ]
[ img ]

but if found this one at the same side:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:29 pm
the additional floor on the bridge was mostly there for additional command facilities, which the burkes don't have, IIRC. note that all new hull, compared with the burke, that gives this ship the capabilities to have that huge bridge. on the atago, the additional floor also seems to have allowed an larger hangar......
so, I will say that this ship is most likely an great sea boat, and an even better warship.

BB1987, it seems though, that in the end, when all parts are fixed and updated, little or nothing will be left of mconrads drawing..... maybe allowing to leave his name out. you must see that for yourself though ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:32 pm
Good start.
'
acelanceloet wrote:
that might be the result of the one drawing being GIF and mine PNG. cannot think of any other reason.
That's about the only reason that can happen. The GIF format is functionally limited to 256 colors (there are some exceptions, but they are hard to code), and if the pallet for that file had already been filled (the 256 colors are taken from a much large list of possible colors), then any image section that you paste into it can't keep it's original colors.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:35 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
Could it be, but i've tried to save Mconrads drawing as a PNG (and the one i have posted here is in PNG format) and the problem persisted; it's most a past nuisance now tough, as most of the work is done.
acelanceloet wrote:
note that, IIRC, that is not the correct main gun, and that there might be some flaws in the atago drawing of mconrads so you might want to check with other references as well (I suppose you have done that, if so, consider this never said and an misunderstanding from what you said) and I could post some for you tomorrow if needed)
other then that, it is looking quite good and I would say you certainly deserve credit for this.
Yes, i must switch it with the 5''/62 caliber mark 45, and they may be some parts still to be fixed, as i have barely touched bow and stern area, also probably the upper part of the radar mast need some fixes.

for references, i looked here, as they are a couple of good pictures (tough i beg to differ about the last two, i personally don't care about washroom and toilets :lol: ), tough if you are in possession of better ones feel free to post them.

edit: thanks to TimothyC and Heuhen too :) (aboutit, Heuhen, the last drawing you posted is infact MConrad's original Atago drawing :lol: )

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:41 pm
BB1987 wrote:
edit: thanks to TimothyC and Heuhen too :) (aboutit, Heuhen, the last drawing you posted is infact MConrad's original Atago drawing :lol: )
But they forgot the credit :lol: :evil: I am going to burn some pants.....

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 12:26 am
One other thing, try and find what the ECM unit is supposed to be because I don't think the JMSDF uses the SLQ-32 series.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 12:38 am
Looking nice, but I have a problem. I'm uncertain about the pennants. They look too thin to me.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 10:25 am
TimothyC wrote:
One other thing, try and find what the ECM unit is supposed to be because I don't think the JMSDF uses the SLQ-32 series.
You are right, i just find out that the japanese system is called NOLQ-2B ECM or something similar, it looks similar but it's obviously not the same; i'll redraw and modify the SLQ in order to get the proper look.
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
Looking nice, but I have a problem. I'm uncertain about the pennants. They look too thin to me.
Actually they are the same ones on Acelanceloet Kongo (DDG-173) i just switched a 3 with another 7.

Meanwhile, updated the drawing with some minor fixes.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: