Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 9th, 2010, 8:22 pm
update:

comments? the bridge and the structure right below it is more or less finished. when the entire ship is finished I will check with more pictures, now it is mostly based on the refs in this thread.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 11th, 2010, 3:05 pm
new mast and aft gun platform! when these are done, the ship is 90% finished, of which 5% for the structure and 5% for the details and deck equipment. any comments?

Last edited by acelanceloet on February 6th, 2011, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 11th, 2010, 3:31 pm
Well I think she's coming along nicely: a lot more of the detail filling in. If it passes muster with Hood and Novice you'll be alright :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 15th, 2010, 5:13 pm
[ img ]
almost finished. only a liferaft and some deck equipment has to be drawn now.
comments?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 15th, 2010, 6:50 pm
Life boat seems a little small. Also the searchlight above the bridge looks too small.
I also notice that there is a liferaft just aft of the lifeboat which is missing in the drawing.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 15th, 2010, 6:59 pm
as said below the drawing: the liferaft still has to be drawn ;)
the searchlight you are right about, and I will have to recheck the lifeboat.... thought this one was right, and it is more or less the right size... but it can be up to 4 pixels too small indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 11:28 am
I think it is finished now.
Attachment:
FS Castle class.png
quite an improvement, I would say... :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 1:19 pm
Ace the life boat seems, still, a little too short.
Otherwise a good addition.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

Last edited by Novice on December 18th, 2010, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 2:23 pm
Looks ok to me.

Not a fan of yellow searchlights but that's just my perference. Shouldn't the waterline be a slightly darker shade of grey? Other than that it passes muster I think.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Castle class frigate/corvettePosted: December 18th, 2010, 2:31 pm
I will fix the waterline and the boat then....

EDIT: done, this will be it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: