Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
WhyMe
Post subject: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 12:32 pm
This is my first attempt at a warship. Feel free to criticize mercilessly :D

[ img ]

Last edited by WhyMe on November 22nd, 2010, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 12:34 pm
hull shading wrong... but otherwise.... it looks rather good. I don't know the real ship though.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 2:29 pm
A great subject: those French ironclads had a unique look. Apart from some obvious errors its a very good drawing. You've omitted the darker lines under the overhangs, and it is Shipbucket standard to differentiate between the hull and the upper works by a darker shade to the hull. Also, we don't as a rule show guns trained out but fore and aft.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 5:48 pm
Guns in the spotting towers? LOL, France :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:20 pm
WhyMe wrote:
This is my first attempt at a warship. Feel free to criticize mercilessly :D
Look great
Hopefully you draw others french ships :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:23 pm
PS: small error in name credit
Not CA (heavy cruisers), but more likely AC (armored cruiser)
:mrgreen:

+ maybe ? a small handfull of error in very small details, but not dramatic (Your ship config ? in early or late career ?...)

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:43 pm
[quote="WhyMe"]This is my first attempt at a warship. Feel free to criticize mercilessly :D

Looks good to me mate,keep going.Nice drawing. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:46 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
A great subject: those French ironclads had a unique look. Also, we don't as a rule show guns trained out but fore and aft.
The 'guns' are in fact torpedo tubes, two on each side at main-deck (just above the armour deck)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:47 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
You've omitted the darker lines under the overhangs, and it is Shipbucket standard to differentiate between the hull and the upper works by a darker shade to the hull.
Actually the hull and the superstructure are different colors. And there are darker lines under the overhangs. I guess I should have used more contrast shades? One more thing: is it better to use the original color scheme or stick to ShipBucket's standard?
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Also, we don't as a rule show guns trained out but fore and aft.
Ok. According to the blueprint ALL of the small guns (that are not in turrets) are facing sides directly or in 45 degree angle. Does it mean I should just remove them from the drawing? I just want to be clear :)
Colombamike wrote:
small error in name credit
Not CA (heavy cruisers), but more likely AC (armored cruiser)
It's ACR to be exact. I'll fix that.
Colombamike wrote:
+ maybe ? a small handfull of error in very small details, but not dramatic
The thing is I can't tell a dramatic error from a small one :) Could you point them out please so I could avoid them in the future?
Colombamike wrote:
Your ship config ? in early or late career ?...
I used what I believe is the original blueprints so I'd say it's "as launched".

Thanks you guys for the feedback!

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: French armoured cruiser Latouche-TrévillePosted: November 21st, 2010, 7:50 pm
Novice wrote:
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
A great subject: those French ironclads had a unique look. Also, we don't as a rule show guns trained out but fore and aft.
The 'guns' are in fact torpedo tubes, two on each side at main-deck (just above the armour deck)
As far as I know she didn't have any torpedoes. If you're referring to the "thick" short guns - they are Hotchkiss 37mm revolver cannons.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: