Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Portuguese Douro class destroyerPosted: November 28th, 2010, 4:46 am
Here is the updated version:
[ img ]
I've tried to fix all the things that have been pointed out. Knowing for sure that these ships were built with British assistance I assumed they used British guns as well so I took those from the Royal Navy weapon sheet (appropriate calibers and time period of course). Also there are larger portholes, less single black pixel lines, searchlights facing the right side etc.
Is there anything else that needs improvement?

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Portuguese Douro class destroyerPosted: November 28th, 2010, 10:02 am
She looks good to me; the only thing (from a quick scan) I would suggest is to darken the cross bracing under the bridge platforms; generally we use black for stand-alone structures, but can get away with a darker grey where there is a surface behind. But yes, this is a fine looking little ship, and a welcome addition of a lesser known type.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Portuguese Douro class destroyerPosted: November 28th, 2010, 11:28 am
Looks pretty good to me. This guy has some natural talent for sure. Can't wait to see more work and at least he seems to choose lesser known subjects to draw too. Great stuff.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Portuguese Douro class destroyerPosted: November 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm
Great stuff indeed. Looks quite right.
Hope to see more.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: