Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2527 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 12:33 am
Thanks all

@Thiel, I'd say she lost it about 80 years ago when she was converted to a lobster pot boat, the dark patch below the waterline is additional planking which was a little concerning when I visited it as the hull is Huon pine which made me wonder why on earth they'd need it on both sides.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 9:31 pm
Rodondo, I'd love to grab these for the main site update, but they are lacking a credit line!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: March 3rd, 2017, 3:09 am
Ah whoops :oops: Thanks for the heads up Timothy, I'll get that done once I get home from work

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:10 am
This summer just passed (Southern Hemisphere) I helped out with the Sydney stage of the Extreme Yacht Racing Series, it was cracking good fun to watch these crafts which tip the scales at just under a ton fly about at speeds nearing 40 knots. Depicted here is series winners team Alinghi from Switzerland. Thrills and spills, doesn't take much for these fragile looking craft to capsize or pitchpole, Australia entered a team for the Sydney stage which was rammed by the Portuguese team which left it with a hole on the starboard hull, could hear the sound of impact a mile away!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: March 6th, 2017, 7:51 pm
Nice work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 9:17 am
Long awaited addition, an original 18' Skiff, a fast racing yacht that was developed on Sydney Harbour, a number still race regularly

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 5th, 2019, 1:45 pm
Lovely drawing! The real ship has lots of canvas in a tiny hull, it must be very swift and nimble!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 6th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Yeah, under a full set, they carry about 2800ft2 of sail, I think they have the highest racing penalty for a mono-hull of this size

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: June 7th, 2019, 9:00 pm
Nice one!

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project SailPosted: August 29th, 2019, 7:31 pm
England - Cog Thomas
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 27  [ 263 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2527 »

Jump to: