Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 22 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2427 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: May 13th, 2014, 8:14 am
Alas, she was such a beautiful ship lad, then they had to go and get her pregnant :oops: ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 3:08 pm
Okay so I love this ship and can't stay away.

Here is how the USS Tennessee looked in May of 1942 after her first rebuild post-Pearl Harbor. Before her modernization.

She is definately lacking in detail I found one drawing and one photo.

Does anyone have more?

[ img ]

Last edited by David Latuch on June 5th, 2014, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 3:13 pm
could you change the brown lines you are using in the underwater-hull with dark red. since dark brown is wrong.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 4:10 pm
Yes Henrik . . . it's an older drawing. I'll fix it. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 8:34 pm
[ img ]

Please examine the 5"/23s enclosures. The photos I've found in Navsource all show her 5" AA guns housed in an enlosed mounting or shield. I assume that the rear is open but I've been known to be wrong before.

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 8:50 pm
They seem a bit big. Look at my 1942 Colorado for the proper gunshields for the 5"/25s. Are you sure they took away windows from the bridge?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ollie
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 8:52 pm
The uppermost level of the spotting platform atop the cage mast is WAY too short for 1942.

http://navsource.org/archives/01/043/014312.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 9:05 pm
Karle94 wrote:
They seem a bit big. Look at my 1942 Colorado for the proper gunshields for the 5"/25s. Are you sure they took away windows from the bridge?
I feel the same way about the shields which is why I asked. As for the windows on the bridge . . . the reference drawing I have shows only two and I've been looking at other areas of the ship. Guess I'd better stare at what few photos I have for a while.

There are very few images of the Tennessee from this period, ganted it was only a few months later that she was modernized.

The only drawing of yours I can find off hand is USS Colorado 1923. Shot me a link if you please.

Last edited by David Latuch on June 5th, 2014, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 9:10 pm
could you try out an darker hull red. just to see how that looks. You can perhaps steal the underwater colors from "Colo's" drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: June 5th, 2014, 9:17 pm
heuhen wrote:
could you try out an darker hull red. just to see how that looks. You can perhaps steal the underwater colors from "Colo's" drawing.
Sure I'll give it a try.

[ img ]

Well?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 22 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2427 »

Jump to: