Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9
maomatic
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: July 2nd, 2016, 9:49 am
The detail work is amazing!

Excellent drawings, bezo.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Big Ten - The Pennsylvania and Tennessee-class ACRsPosted: July 23rd, 2016, 3:30 am
I think the first batch of the Pennsylvanias are finally done! I've edited the drawings again to reflect the (little known fact) that the aft goose neck cranes were of the 5 ton-type, whereas the forward ones were of the 10 ton-type, and also that the last three (ACR 7-9) had a slightly shorter propeller shaft line (45-1ft vs 48ft for the first three vessels.)
Also found a serious error in the true spacing of the 6" casemates on main deck, and the 3" gun embrasures on upper deck, so have had them adjusted. Found amazingly crisp pictures of both the Colorado and California, and noticed the shutters for the 3" battery, so fitted them.

I'm working (slowly) on the Tennessees...
...and late versions of the Pennsylvania-class...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9

Jump to: