Post subject: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 27th, 2010, 6:14 am
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 27th, 2010, 7:32 am
There are a couple of stray purple pixels on the mast. And the window color is non-standard.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 27th, 2010, 9:05 am
fixed! but the window colour is standard.
[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 27th, 2010, 9:28 am
darthpanda wrote:
but the window colour is standard.
I very well might be wrong so please correct me if necessary but I refer to this guidelines where it says "Windows: #1873FF or RGB 24,115,255". And when I open your image in my editor it shows your windows color as #0080FF or RGB 0,128,255... :?

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 27th, 2010, 3:37 pm
Simply superb drawings DP.

[Profile] [Quote]
Maple-leaf-Warrior
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 28th, 2010, 4:17 am
Double that! It kinda looks like HMS Rodney :lol:

And guardian angels sang this strain:

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 30th, 2010, 1:45 am
Wonderful drawings, on par with the "Rolling Ressies" done earlier. May I just, though be a party pooper and point out a few eeny-teeny errors on the otherwise attractive Victoria:
The forwardpilot house and aft secondary pilot house have too small, that is, too 'square' windows. One obvious way and the simplest, would be to just raise them two pixels to the edge of the roof. That way you'd accomplish the necessary 'tallness' of those windows. Also, I'd recommend moving the forward-most pair more forward, so that the leading edge of the first window will coincide with the pilot house wall side. If you study the many photos of the Victoria you'll understand. Also the Admirals' walkway taff-rail is too simple and in the wrong color. The cast iron bars could often be quite elaborate, in spite of a strive to simplify decorations etc since the demise of the wooden liner. I'd also noticed that a set of pollards are missing adjacent to the aft 10" gun placement, and so, too, is one likewise missing at the extreme bow, just above, and, in fact, slightly inbetween the forwardmost hawsepipe and bow scroll. Otherwise just a most magnificent work of a true artisan!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 30th, 2010, 9:14 pm
These are great drawings DP, regardless of the criticism, they still rank as some of the best.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 31st, 2010, 12:54 am
Just want to clarify, in case someone misunderstood: I do think DP:s drawings are in master-class. I have a special affinity for the Victorian era and its usually quite bizarre, but at the same time wonderfully innovative, almost Jules Vernesque ships' designs. So, any criticism or suggestions on my part is only because I love the subjects of DP:s artistery so, so much. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Queen Victoria's NavyPosted: December 31st, 2010, 3:42 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Wonderful drawings, on par with the "Rolling Ressies" done earlier. May I just, though be a party pooper and point out a few eeny-teeny errors on the otherwise attractive Victoria:
The forwardpilot house and aft secondary pilot house have too small, that is, too 'square' windows. One obvious way and the simplest, would be to just raise them two pixels to the edge of the roof. That way you'd accomplish the necessary 'tallness' of those windows. Also, I'd recommend moving the forward-most pair more forward, so that the leading edge of the first window will coincide with the pilot house wall side. If you study the many photos of the Victoria you'll understand. Also the Admirals' walkway taff-rail is too simple and in the wrong color. The cast iron bars could often be quite elaborate, in spite of a strive to simplify decorations etc since the demise of the wooden liner. I'd also noticed that a set of pollards are missing adjacent to the aft 10" gun placement, and so, too, is one likewise missing at the extreme bow, just above, and, in fact, slightly inbetween the forwardmost hawsepipe and bow scroll. Otherwise just a most magnificent work of a true artisan!
Thank you for your comment, can you point it out in the drawing with red lines and arrow?

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: