Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 1:53 am
Well, I only have paint. I cannot afford Photoshop or any other more sophisticated applications. Sorry about that.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 2:08 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Well, I only have paint. I cannot afford Photoshop or any other more sophisticated applications. Sorry about that.
You could use GIMP, does everything Photoshop does but is free.

Cunard Line Ascania (final 1950s configuration)
Cunard Line RMS Aquitania

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 4:25 am
I re downloaded the XP version of Paint on my Windows 7. I use GIMP for camos

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 8:56 am
Maybe I am incorrect, but I think the function colo describes is in paint as well........ The point here being that anything like it is unusable, because there are way too many shades, requiring every single pixel to be checked by hand.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 2:32 pm
OK, I'd be very interested in how it works. Never heard of it, but am willing to try it out. Also I did find GIMP, but it seems to be a very complicated program. Now, I may be wrong about that, and maybe it's just my lack of personal time that prevents me from exploring it. However, anyone who might be willing to offer tips and tutorials can send me a message. I'm willing to further improve the drawings, and, more importantly, make them wholly uniform!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 3:41 pm
It shouldn't be terribly difficult, you just need to define a set shade for highlights, base layer, shadows, and overhangs, and then standardize that same shade across the drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 3:50 pm
Hello everyone!

Just to make this clear - I did not volunteer for anything, I just stated that I'd like someone else to do the WWII versions. I agree with Colo that re-drawing them from scratch would probably be the easier way, not because the drawings are bad (which they are not), but because they use too many different colours. I've had the same problem with the brilliantly drawn German parts sheet, which unfortunately seems to use about fifty shades of grey.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 7:29 pm
I will eventually do the war versions too, to avoid any unnecessary reworking. Might take time, but I'll do them, whatever my personal sentiments about them are. Ian: sounds easy, but doesn't look so when opening the program, alas. Whenever you've have time, would you care to drop me a message explaining in a "dummie"-way how to do it?
GD: I know...never volunteered you, so, you're off the never unleashed hook....

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 8:10 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I will eventually do the war versions too, to avoid any unnecessary reworking. Might take time, but I'll do them, whatever my personal sentiments about them are. Ian: sounds easy, but doesn't look so when opening the program, alas. Whenever you've have time, would you care to drop me a message explaining in a "dummie"-way how to do it?
GD: I know...never volunteered you, so, you're off the never unleashed hook....
If you want an easy switch, you could look at paint.net..... not as many options as GIMP, but a lot closer in ms paint in setup. you get layers, magic wand and some more text editing options then paint offers, which is all you need for sb works IMO :P

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: The Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers Reworked.Posted: February 20th, 2017, 8:13 pm
I tried that several years ago; never got it working, so actually forgot about it totally. Will look into that too. Thanks Jan!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 8  [ 76 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: