Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: HMS IntrepidPosted: November 12th, 2014, 10:55 pm
when golly goes from Russian and Finish ships ships to British ships... we know something awesome is going to happen.

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: HMS IntrepidPosted: November 13th, 2014, 7:47 am
Great drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 10:17 am
Since requested, I decided to give ago for another one, this time Acasta, from the first bunch of the production ships, and pretty heroic ship she was, going down guns blazing against the German "twins" in 1940

[ img ]

I renamed the topic, incase someone else wants to join in to the party. I don't know when i next time return to the subject, but now I feel urge to get back to my AU drafting, so propably no new additions, atleast not today :)

[Profile] [Quote]
smurf
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 11:43 am
Please don't forget the flotilla leaders. There are one or two interesting neverweres among those, too, and they are more varied than the flotilla destroyers, though based on them. There are ships for foreign navies, too. A big and interesting group. Perhaps someone would do Bulldog with the trial 60 deg mount in B position; or Hereward with trial twin 4.7 in B position and higher bridge as Tribals.
The standard books are:
Friedman's British Destroyers from the earliest days with fine photos and excellent line drawings of some of the ships by A D Baker III
John English, Amazon To Ivanhoe British Standard Destroyers of the 1930s but out of print and now very pricey second hand.
E. J. March British Destroyers: A History of Development 1892-1953. with large drawings based on Admiralty 'as-fitted' drawings (including a 2-page spread for 'Ambuscade', original scale 1/4in = 1 ft. Also out of print and now even more pricey second hand. Data can be a bit iffy.
Needs access to a good library.

Last edited by smurf on November 13th, 2014, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Jackie Treehorn
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 11:43 am
Ah, great. If you are already in full swing, why not filling the alphabet? B, C, D, E, F, G, H, are also nice letters... ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 12:05 pm
Im not closing anything, but next one is propably going to be Propably Exmouth or Duchess. Proplem is, that the Polish drawings I have are not that omnipotent, and seems to cover just the major alterations between the ships. And those drawings are really good, thats why I was able to produce those SB drawings in mere 4 hours. Getting to work with lesser basedrawing and myriads of different cross-siding references will take more time and migth burn away my enthustiasm too soon, im those guys who never setle repeating (almost)same ship numerous time a row.

Of wartime variations, it tends to get tricky, since I basicly have to admit, that I don't have the nesserical knowledge over various radars and director changes, outside of drawing basicly just what I see. Im open to all help naturally, and I wouldn't mind if someone takes over for the versions. The ammount repainting camoflage schemes and switching little details is lot of work by its own.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 7:02 pm
Great addition!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 8:18 pm
Very nice work. These are a real pleasure to see.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 13th, 2014, 10:23 pm
Very nice to see you step out of your comfort zone Golly. These are very nice destroyers.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: British A to I Class DestroyersPosted: November 14th, 2014, 9:47 am
I concur. VERY nice drawings Golly :!:

Well done. :|

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: