Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 11:19 am
You are right. It appears I've misidentified the Northrop BT as the Dauntless. I'll make the changes...

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 23rd, 2016, 5:54 pm
Fantastic work, truly. Really glad to see someone drawing these ships to such a high standard. Last year I had dreams to draw CV-6 myself but I think my days of Shipbucketing are behind me!

I'll see if I can dig up anything on those directors for you. I've been out of this game for a while though, so no promises.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 23rd, 2016, 7:56 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I think my days of Shipbucketing are behind me!
A very bad news for this community :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 24th, 2016, 2:43 pm
Thanks, Colo. It is indeed a sad day if your sb days are over. I also gave up drawing for a while but suddenly find myself with a glut of free time and i've developed a bit of an obsession with US carriers.

USS Hornet CV-8 is on the ways. Should have a wip up in a few days.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 25th, 2016, 7:51 am
Loving it! are you going to do the wartime version too?

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 25th, 2016, 3:08 pm
Thanks dp, I'm planning to do all three sisters at Midway and more guises of the big E.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 25th, 2016, 5:02 pm
Awesome!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 27th, 2016, 1:12 pm
The third and final Yorktown Class carrier was USS Hornet CV-8. Not wanting to wait for the new Essex Class to be completed, a third Yorktown Class was ordered to add another carrier to the fleet. Hornet's hull dimensions are identical to CV-5 and CV-6 but there are some obvious differences, including a squared-off flight deck and and different pilot house set up, more like CV-9. She was laid down in Sept '39 and commissioned in Oct '41. In her short but illustrious career, she helped turn the tide in the Pacific War when the chips were stacked against the USN.

This drawing is based on her appearance after her Norfolk Shipyard period in Feb '42. She has her new Measure 12 modified camo, the forward boat crane and island boats removed and a new 30 x 20mm fit.

I'm posting as a WIP... 98% complete: aircraft, main deck boats and deck markings will be added in due course. Any glaring errors, please let me know.

[ img ]
Thanks to Colombamike for some great source material!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 27th, 2016, 4:21 pm
Spectacular work on these Charybdis, it's great to see them make an appearance at long last.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The Yorktown Class: USN Pre-war CarriersPosted: February 27th, 2016, 4:22 pm
:shock: :o Most EPIC!!!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 10  [ 99 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 710 »

Jump to: