Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: January 5th, 2011, 7:36 pm
miho, is this drawing finished right now? I am making an small sheet with all ships of the marine as of now........

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: January 5th, 2011, 9:34 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
miho, is this drawing finished right now? I am making an small sheet with all ships of the marine as of now........
No, not finished. Not sure when I'll get back to it.

Having said that, there's no major mistakes in the starboard view. It's mostly the port view that's knackered.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: January 6th, 2011, 8:22 am
The amstel lays on the port side right now. I can make detailled pictures if it doesnt make me look like a fool ;-)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 6th, 2018, 8:40 pm
Well, finally got back to this. I'm happy with how the port side looks now.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 6th, 2018, 9:44 pm
There are some artistically adjustment I would do, and other things, but that is more or less up to the artist. But:

- that propeller...
- If I was updating a drawing... I would also updated colors/shading... Specially underwater (we have gone from the old way of shading underwater hull to a more semi-realistic way)
- I don't think the keel should be drawn with such a break... But then I have never seen the underwater drawing/picture of this vessel
-I feel there could be more difference between light shade/dark dark shade and the standard color.
-cable lines should perhaps be of an lighter color, they would be so markant as railings for example.

Just my thoughts as an artist

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 6th, 2018, 9:58 pm
heuhen wrote: *
There are some artistically adjustment I would do, and other things, but that is more or less up to the artist. But:

- that propeller...
- If I was updating a drawing... I would also updated colors/shading... Specially underwater (we have gone from the old way of shading underwater hull to a more semi-realistic way)
- I don't think the keel should be drawn with such a break... But then I have never seen the underwater drawing/picture of this vessel
-I feel there could be more difference between light shade/dark dark shade and the standard color.
-cable lines should perhaps be of an lighter color, they would be so markant as railings for example.

Just my thoughts as an artist
Truth be told, I was more concerned with getting the above-waterline image done. I will probably get some more work done in the coming days. Probably nick some parts from the Kortenaer class, which for some reason has much better underwater shading.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 6th, 2018, 10:52 pm
Miho, the Kortenaer's underwater hull shading is not entirely accurate either on first glance, that drawing was also from before we started shading hulls differently. If you are in no hurry, I have a basic lineplan of the KD somewhere, I can help you out?

That said, there are a few parts that have been updated (The goalkeeper, SMART-S and the RHIB, especially, and I also think that Lynx is oversized) and I think some shading to show the angles of the superstructure would make this drawing a lot better still. Good to see you working on these again though!

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 6th, 2018, 11:13 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Miho, the Kortenaer's underwater hull shading is not entirely accurate either on first glance, that drawing was also from before we started shading hulls differently. If you are in no hurry, I have a basic lineplan of the KD somewhere, I can help you out?

That said, there are a few parts that have been updated (The goalkeeper, SMART-S and the RHIB, especially, and I also think that Lynx is oversized) and I think some shading to show the angles of the superstructure would make this drawing a lot better still. Good to see you working on these again though!
Got the goalkeeper and the Smart-S, will fit the RHIB tomorrow. Need to update that crane too. Irritatingly enough I've lost my layered drawing.

If you have a lineplan of this somewhere that would be great.

[Profile] [Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 7th, 2018, 7:18 pm
I was almost done with a newdrawn m frigate out of the official build plans when i was enlisted to the Van Speijk.

[ img ]
https://mitchell300.deviantart.com/art/ ... -369678716

Please note i took this from my deviantart and is uploaded a few years back. And the one in the middle comes from a Signaal book drawing and i added some AU stuff on it...

If you want to complete it. My wifi doesnt let me load the picture full so i dont know if its cropped.

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: M fregate class (Karel Doorman class, and subclasses)Posted: March 8th, 2018, 8:59 am
MitcheLL300 wrote: *
I was almost done with a newdrawn m frigate out of the official build plans when i was enlisted to the Van Speijk.

[ img ]
https://mitchell300.deviantart.com/art/ ... -369678716

Please note i took this from my deviantart and is uploaded a few years back. And the one in the middle comes from a Signaal book drawing and i added some AU stuff on it...

If you want to complete it. My wifi doesnt let me load the picture full so i dont know if its cropped.
Looking at this, might it not be better if you finish the M-frigates? I have access to a few 3D renders, you're working off the official plans. Also, I don't have the drive to do drawings like I used to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: