Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 7th, 2011, 6:22 pm
yeah, but that's an onboard craft. mine is an vessel which operates independently of other ships, that's why it has it's own template. and if you count yours, I have the record as well: the PAP on the dutch parts sheet is less then 2 meters, IIRC. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 7th, 2011, 6:56 pm
[ img ]
and the next one... atlantic 21. now all mass-use units are drawn, only 2 'prototypes' of which the KNRM uses 2 each are to be drawn now.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 8th, 2011, 7:13 pm
You drawings are very good; I know it is difficult getting detail on such a small craft.
I am wondering if it is efficient placing small craft on a regular template. Wouldn’t make more sense gathering them on a sheet with just small craft?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 8th, 2011, 7:16 pm
well, I kept the criteria as following: if it operates independently (so not as sloop or lifeboat from a ship) I put it on an template. if not. it's on sheets. I know it is maybe not the best thing to do..... I suppose the best thing for them would be a template with a 50m scale bar or something. but well, I'm no admin, and these small craft are only a small part of shipbucket, so I just kept it like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Scifibug
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 8th, 2011, 7:26 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
well, I kept the criteria as following: if it operates independently (so not as sloop or lifeboat from a ship) I put it on an template. if not. it's on sheets. I know it is maybe not the best thing to do..... I suppose the best thing for them would be a template with a 50m scale bar or something. but well, I'm no admin, and these small craft are only a small part of shipbucket, so I just kept it like this.
Ahhhh, I understand now, these boats are not carried by larger vessels. Through I would classify any vessel as operating independently as one that you could crew for a period of time away from shore with some protection from the elements.
Potatoes, apples, whatever floats your boat.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: April 8th, 2011, 7:30 pm
well, they are SAR boats after all. even the largest ones on this page are not build for missions longer then 24 hours. they are not independent from the shore, but they are from other ships....... but if you get thinking that way, which ship is completely independent from the shore anyway :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: KNRM SAR-boatsPosted: June 30th, 2011, 6:33 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: