Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
polluxdeltaseven
Post subject: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 1st, 2011, 11:04 pm
I liked the new French landing ship as soon as I saw the first pictures of the prototype (named LCAT) few years ago.

Now we have a good idea of what this ro-ro catamaran will look like in real life.
Here a wikipedia link about the class: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engin_de_D ... bie_Rapide

8 of them will be buy in order to equip our 4 (one left to be build) BPC.

[ img ]

The first view is in conventional sailing configuration, the second is the "indoor" mode.
I still have to do the ship in the high-speed catamaran configuration and in landing mode.

I think the overall hull is good, but I'm still waiting pictures of the finished real thing for some of the details.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 7:31 am
aaah I wanted to do this one :D well, no problem, you've done an terrific job, most likely better then I could ;)
I'll remove it from my worklist ......... although I might do the prototype instead

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 8:22 am
Great work
Few details
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
polluxdeltaseven
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 9:49 am
acelanceloet wrote:
aaah I wanted to do this one :D well, no problem, you've done an terrific job, most likely better then I could ;)
I'll remove it from my worklist ......... although I might do the prototype instead
Woops... Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to do it.
But thanks a lot for your kind words! ;)

And feel free to go for the prototype!
Colombamike wrote:
Great work
Few details
Thanks a lot!!

The picture you show presents the EDA-R in high speed catamaran mode. My first drawing presents it in low-speed littoral sailing mode.
As I said, the high-speed configuration will be done soon (It's the most difficult, so I keep it for the last)

For the guns (there is another one on the side of the ship), I'll add them to the last 2 configiruations. As it is a removable equipment, I wanted to show that in drawing the guns only on some of the ships.

And thanks for the underwater hull! I based mine on an amateur (but very good!) CGI of the ship (from the same guy who did the video you present on your website Mike ;) ), but it appears that it is not exactly the same as the real ship.
I didn't notice that!

And well, no. For the moment no top view is planned. Maybe later, when I'll have time to do that, or when we'll have more datas about the actual ship.

Is there any French vehicles (trucks, MBT etc.) drawn in SB scale?

@ all:
Now I'm on my desk computer (yes, I drew them on my netbook! :lol: ), I think that the shading of the front hull is a little too tlight. What do you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 10:07 am
Even if the HMG is removable, we always draw them. Just like RHIBS and such.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Remko
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 10:18 am
Very nice work.I never really liked the design, until I saw the video from the wikipedia link. A top view would be nice as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
polluxdeltaseven
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 10:51 am
Thiel wrote:
Even if the HMG is removable, we always draw them. Just like RHIBS and such.
Ok, I'll add them on the next upload.

[Profile] [Quote]
Corso
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 11:52 pm
Hi everyone this is the drawing I had done to the old forum.
Greetings

[ img ]

http://z11.invisionfree.com/shipbucket/ ... c=2499&hl=

Last edited by Corso on March 1st, 2018, 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: EDA-R Class Landing Ship - WIPPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 4:46 pm
Hi Corso :) It appears you never finished it, at least never uploaded, which is why its coming around again.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: