Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
Hood
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 8:15 am
I agree and I think you've made the right choices.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 3:58 pm
Enjoyable thread. Once again you've made excellent drawn vessels with good research as enlightning background stories. Well done :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 5:53 pm
Wow . . .Excellently done GD . . .you’re well on the way to depicting the British Grand Fleet. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 8:45 pm
Hello again

After Jutland, the Royal Navy painted the ships of the Grand Fleet in a lighter shade of gray again, which supposedly worked better to hide them in the typical foggy weather of the North Sea. The KGV-class ships had their searchlights replaced with bigger ones and relocated the aft ones on platforms around the aft funnel, which could be retracted into drum-shaped boxes. KGV had her foremast modified again, this time it became a proper tripod. The bridge structure of all three was built up and enlargened, and newer fire control gear was fitted. The 102mm guns in the hull forward were landed and their ports closed. Turrets A and Y (B and Y on KGV) were painted black with ranging scales, and range clocks were installed on the foremast and immediately in front of the aft CT. Flying-off platforms were installed as follows: All three received one on Turret B, KGV a second one on Turret Q and Centurion a second one on Turret X. In 1918, they looked (most likely) like this:

HMS King George V
[ img ]

HMS Centurion
[ img ]

HMS Ajax
[ img ]

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
mortarigus
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 9:13 pm
Absolutely splendid GD. I salute the master!

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 9:34 pm
Another lovely set of drawings chronicling the KGV Super-Dreadnoughts.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 23rd, 2016, 10:05 pm
I've been waiting until you'd drawn the 1918 variations. You've done a real awesome job on these ships. I must admit its weird seeing you drawing Royal Navy warships though haha.

One thing, if I may, do you think the bow needs some more shading? Shading/shadow from the anchor and shading on the tip of the bow?

Looking forward to more :D

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 24th, 2016, 10:27 am
Fantastic work. Nice to see the full series, though I wonder if there are enough good sources to draw Centurion as the target battleship?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: King George V class battleshipsPosted: September 24th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Great work Garlic,

Hoping to see Centurion :
- as a target-ship during 1930s
- as a decoy battleship in 1941-1942 !

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 39 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: