Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 7:02 pm
Garlic...as you've posted several armored cruisers lately, does this mean we'll see a series on some IJN armored cruisers soon?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 7:15 pm
Great drawings

Re-engines: They are probably in good shape, if they was in perfect condition when she was anchored up, it should have changed much. But she have been lying still for a long time. so before starting up here engines and boilers. She probably need here engine and boilers to be rebuild. all valves and pipes, pressure tested and replacing worn out ... even the shaft would need some overhauling

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 8:29 am
@Garlicdesign,
I have some doubts about the exact AA configuration of your 1942 Georgios Averof
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 8:59 pm
Truly fantastic work!

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 23rd, 2016, 9:54 pm
Exciting thread with GD usual quality drawings. I reckonise Colombamike's sharp eyes for details, but I think it's a minor problem to fix that. Else, jolly good job :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 24th, 2016, 9:08 am
Hello everyone and thanks for the praise

in order of precedence:
@citizen Lambda: the 76mm guns under the bridge show on period photographs (good example to be found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1828791), and I think I even see the barrel on the colourized photograph (lower left one) posted by Colombamike to prove they were missing. Of course it's entirely possible they were landed later in the war (Averoff was pretty much inactive after 1943, and none of the WW2 photographs is exactly dated); by 1942 they were most likely still there.

@emperor_Andreas: Nope. I did Azuma, and Weisman has posted some very good ones; the Garibaldis are not on my to-do list (ten ships for four navies with dozens of variations between them would upset my draw-life-balance a little too much).

@Colombamike: There seems to be some confusion concerning the 1925/7 re-armament in the available sources. Conway is with you, but they also mislabeled their photograph and added a completely rubbish linedrawing showing gun positions abreast the bridge which are not supported by any photographic evidence I've ever seen (including Conway's own photograph). Most other sources indicate that the French installed British weaponry, namely 4 76mm HA guns and 4 40mm PomPoms. The most detailed line-drawing available shows a 76mm gun mount abreast the aft tripod legs and another one at the forward end of the shelter deck amidships; that's where I placed the 76mm guns, which is also supported by photographic evidence (the website I quoted above has some pics showing Averoff's aft superstructure) Later photos indicate that the 76mm guns were moved aft before 1942 and a fifth one was added on the Forward turret, this will be changed ASAP. The linedrawing does NOT show the positions of the PomPoms, and I have to admit I've placed them wrongly, because if I look at the photographs now, they seem to be on top of the lateral turrets. This will also be changed. Navypedia claims that Averoff lost her PomPoms in 1940 and replaced them with six German 20mm guns; I thought I saw them on photographs on the positions I placed them, but I now think I was mistaken. On the third page of the website I've mentioned above the guns on top of the turrets are only machineguns, and the 20mm are indeed lined up along the boat deck. This will also be changed. Thanks for the feedback!!!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
iiradned
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 26th, 2016, 5:02 pm
Good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Pisa-ClassPosted: November 28th, 2016, 6:38 pm
Hello again!

HA gun positions fixed!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: