Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Bahia Light Cruiser in 1945, third versionPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 8:09 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 2:37 am
Hi, pepembr:
May I ask you one question. In the last modernization, the stabilization fin appears high in the sumerged part of the hull (in your drawing it looks closer to the flotation line than to the keel). Do you know it it was because the cruiser was overweight? Happy new year and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 7:48 am
reytuerto wrote:
Hi, pepembr:
May I ask you one question. In the last modernization, the stabilization fin appears high in the sumerged part of the hull (in your drawing it looks closer to the flotation line than to the keel). Do you know it it was because the cruiser was overweight? Happy new year and cheers.
I used the same hull for all versions. As I said before, underwater details are speculative and all suggestions are welcome. One Brazilian Navy bureaucratic hero burned almost all Arsenal de Marinha do Rio de Janeiro old blueprints in the 1970's, including monitors designs of the war against Paraguay! By the way, I'm Brazilian and, obviously, have a great interest in my country historic process...

Cheers

Pepe

More details about the War of Paraguay: http://theglobalstate.com/history/the-w ... -alliance/

PS: The huge Paraguayan fortresses complex was built by Brazilian Army Mission engineers in the government of Carlos Antonio Lopez, father of Solano Lopez.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 2:20 pm
Hi Pepe:
I think that if you place the stabilization fin closer to the keel (2 pixels) it will have a more realistic appearance. Also if the bottom part of submerged part of the hull (between the keel and the stabilization fin, and around the rudder) is painted in a darker shade of antifouling red, your drawing will look even better (take a look of the previous works -I tried to mimic Garlicdesign's underwater hull part of his fantastic drawings of pre-WWI cruisers, of turkish, british and italian origin- in the shading of the "obra viva" and the the improvement was notorious). Cordial saudacao.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 4:45 pm
pepembr_mb wrote:
As I said before, underwater details are speculative and all suggestions are welcome.
Look at RN ships as she was built in GB at Armstrong Whitworth's Elswick in Newcastle upon Tyne.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 5:08 pm
The Adventure Class scouts (Adventure and Attentive) completed in 1905 were built by Armstrong Whitworth, they would probably have very similar hulls to your vessels.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 4th, 2017, 2:24 am
Bahia and Rio Grande do Sul were developed from Adventure. They were bigger and turbine propelled.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Bahia Light Cruiser in 1906, almost readyPosted: January 5th, 2017, 12:23 pm
I did the rigging´and repositioned the stabilization fin. Next step: flags. By the way, how can I credit the flags makers?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 5th, 2017, 4:31 pm
Hi, Pepe. Your stabilization fin looks fine in that position. One more question. The mast in the original ship, was without topgallant? I`m asking this because the wireless telegrahp of that era needs very tall masts, at least in the ships before WWI. Cordial saudacao.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: I asked Garlicdesign...Posted: January 24th, 2017, 9:33 pm
for his authorization to use his three blades screw. I already design a version using his inputs to the keel. With Brazilian Navy iight gray colours they are not so impressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: