Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Simoncelli553
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 13th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Let's see if I have some time and I'll go up more things.

[Profile] [Quote]
Simoncelli553
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 13th, 2017, 10:57 pm
http://tecnologia-maritima.blogspot.com ... maria.html

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 13th, 2017, 10:58 pm
Nice!

Even though this is a tanker so it's fairly square, there should be still a little more than there is currently.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Simoncelli553
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 9:26 pm
ULCC Al Andalus, twin of ULCC Santa María
[ img ]

Last edited by Simoncelli553 on March 14th, 2017, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Simoncelli553
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 9:28 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 9:48 pm
Great job. A very big ship, which you have done her credit with the drawing.
The only problem with imgur is the files naming. They change the file name to some gibberish based on an unknown system. At least it's free now, and they don't resize the images. Yet :)
In order for these beautiful drawings to be accepted as Shipbucket drawings, you'll need to use the proper template, with the Shipbucket watermark/logo at the bottom right hand corner, and remove the signature, or name' near the bows. I think the small men can stay.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 10:18 pm
Hi Novice.
I'm afraid that for so huge vessel, we will need a new ad hoc template ;) , at least 20+ clicks taller, or alternatively, put the bottom line of the drawing closer to the edge of the template. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 10:21 pm
For a ship this big, the template should just be expanded to the right as much as necessary (I would draw the scale bar to 300m and stop there) and the title should be amended to say:

USA, Al Andalus
ULCC (362,942 DWT)
(Simoncelli563)

Also, the tiny font author name at the bottom right of the ship is not allowed (the name of the author is already shown in the template credits) and should be removed.

edit: But I must say, this is quite a cool drawing and very impressive nonetheless. These are minor issues with the template (they can be easily fixed) but the drawing itself is really cool. I'm glad to see more supertankers being drawn for SB, we don't have enough of them so far.

Maybe Simoncelli can draw us the giants like Emma Maersk or Jahre Viking? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Hello Simoncelli!

A very impressive first effort, well done!

So many newbies were given the advice to start with a small real ship... you're clearly beyond that. Looking forward to more!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Simoncelli553
Post subject: Re: Spanish 1970's ULCC oil tanker "Santa Maria"Posted: March 14th, 2017, 11:08 pm
As for the last message of Colloseum, i will take these advice very seriously and thank you very much, i will arrange it as soon as I can :). Thanks also to Garlicdesign and all the others for advising me too :D. To comment that I hope to upload more handsome projects soon, depends on the free time that I have. I want to see if I can draw the FPSO vessel "Petrojarl IV Foinaven" or if not the drill ship Transocean "Discoverer Enterprise" :lol: since I do not see many such projects in SB and really interested me the whole world of oil tankers (merchant ships in general) offshore vessels and offshore platforms. Same takes me some time but above all patience. Greetings to all from Spain.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: