Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
didibii
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 6th, 2010, 6:41 am
Ok,thanks guys you guys really helped me alot. (:

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 6th, 2010, 8:31 am
just a small note to add: for a sailship "the lenght" is from bow to aft including the bow-mast.
The drawing of Mary Celeste is having the boom longer than the aft but I did not considered it for the SB scaling: at the end the drawing will be a little longer.

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 6th, 2010, 12:03 pm
Lazer_one wrote:
just a small note to add: for a sailship "the lenght" is from bow to aft including the bow-mast.
The drawing of Mary Celeste is having the boom longer than the aft but I did not considered it for the SB scaling: at the end the drawing will be a little longer.

[ img ]
Well, how you measure a sailing ship varies a lot.Some measure just the hull, some include the inner part of the bowsprit, some include the entire bowsprit but not the mizzen boom, and some include it all, It depends on the timeframe, the country and seemingly on the shipwrights mood.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 6th, 2010, 4:08 pm
Thiel wrote:
Lazer_one wrote:

[ img ]
Well, how you measure a sailing ship varies a lot.Some measure just the hull, some include the inner part of the bowsprit, some include the entire bowsprit but not the mizzen boom, and some include it all, It depends on the timeframe, the country and seemingly on the shipwrights mood.
Often is about the ''loodlijnen'' (Lood lines) that is stern to bow. That mean no boy sprite and mast like for an aft

[Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 6th, 2010, 4:47 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Thiel wrote:
Lazer_one wrote:

[ img ]
Often is about the ''loodlijnen'' (Lood lines) that is stern to bow. That mean no boy sprite and mast like for an aft
Length between perpendiculars, or LPP for short, is the distance between the bow and the sternpost at the waterline (Not to be confused with the length of the waterline) at design draught. That means it's shorter than a simple stern to bow measurement.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 7th, 2010, 1:36 pm
All that gave me quite a headache. I knew there was a reason not to go into drawing sailships

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 7th, 2010, 4:29 pm
Novice wrote:
All that gave me quite a headache. I knew there was a reason not to go into drawing sailships
Who said anything about these being exclusively for sailing ships? They are also used on motor ships.

Worklist

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 7th, 2010, 8:59 pm
Thiel my friend, it ws meant only a joke (maybe not good one though).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Mary celeste (amazon) 1861Posted: August 8th, 2010, 7:25 pm
i started drawing it, i finished most of the parts on the bottom the next thing is the sails and the ropes.and the small sticks and details then colors (:

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 29 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: