Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
waritem
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: March 29th, 2017, 6:34 am
Hi everyone!
I seize this opportunity to post two torpedo boat i've drew for my coming (one day....maybe.....:) ) AU Ottoman fleet. Those ones are OTL, save for the color which is speculative.

The first one uses exellent Austro-Hungarian Sperber from Pombocz as a base:
[ img ]

The second one is from scratch:
[ img ]

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: March 29th, 2017, 7:01 pm
Hello again!

The link I mentioned is back, here's it:

http://wunderwaffe.narod.ru/WeaponBook/ ... age_01.htm

Hope it helps; for the A through D-classes of British destroyers, this is probably the most comprehensive source collection in existence.

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: March 29th, 2017, 9:30 pm
@Waritem
Your drawings might be posted in the wrong place if they are for a future AU you are going to do. The torpedo boat / small craft in this thread should all be Real Designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: March 30th, 2017, 6:55 am
Krakatoa wrote: *
@Waritem
Your drawings might be posted in the wrong place if they are for a future AU you are going to do. The torpedo boat / small craft in this thread should all be Real Designs.
Seriously Kraka!
That's more than six year that i wander in this forum, do your really think i don't know what "Real Designs" means ?.........:-)
If you read correctly i wrote those ships were OTL wich means "Our Time Line" or "Original Time Line".
As i don't know the way they were painted, i use the color of contemporary Ottoman ships (although I do not know if it aply to small ships).That's why i call it "speculative".

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/turkey/tu_dd_gilyum.htm
http://www.navypedia.org/ships/turkey/t ... midiye.htm

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
CraigH
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 1st, 2017, 12:37 am
Waritime's Gylium Class looks like a Schichau boat...like the TB-22 USS Sommers I drew but smaller. As I'm not familiar with the product line It could be based on a real smaller variant.

[ img ]
Great Britain, Yarrow 1st Class Torpedo Boat (1887)
Yarrow was one of the two great early Torpedo Boat builders. This boat was used domestically and exported to quite a few countries. There were also several size variations (larger and smaller). Speeds ranged from about 27-32 knots.

CraigH

Some railroad stuff
More random stuff that strikes me!

[Profile] [Quote]
karlik
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 6:48 am
Beautiful drawings of American Torpedo Boats! But very small. I hope that they appear in FD Scale.
Best regards!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:56 pm
Really fantastic content in this thread. Pleasure to see it.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 8:22 pm
Those are some nice ships, the Germans want some for themselves:

When building their own torpedo boat force, the Germans ordered several ships from British yards as comaprison for their own boats. SMS Y (sometimes calles Y1) was ordered from Yarrow in London, laid down May 12th, 1884 and comissioned May 8th, 1885. She was armed with one revolver cannon and two 350mm bow torpedo tubes and four torpedos. Noticable were the two funnels, mounted side-by-side. Originally she had two masts with sails, which were reduced in 1888. After being used as a trial craft, she was decomissioned on January 1st, 1899 and sold for scrap and broken up in Hamburg the following year,
[ img ]
[ img ]

Similarly, SMS Th 1 (like her smaller half-sister Th 2) was ordered from John I. Thornycroft & Co. in Chiswick. She was laid down own June 13th, 1884 and comissioned on August 1st the same year. She also had two bow torpedo tubes, but had two revolver cannons mounted on each side of the bridge. Her career and modification followed pretty much that of SMS Y.
[ img ]
[ img ]

More to come if you are interested.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 8:59 pm
DG_Alpha wrote: *
Those are some nice ships, the Germans want some for themselves:

...snip... snip...
More to come if you are interested.
More than interested. A beautiful thread, and amazing with all those little craft (more suitable for FD scale IMO)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Early Steam Powered Torpedo BoatsPosted: April 2nd, 2017, 9:01 pm
Sail torpedo boats? Cool!

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: