Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Lazer_one
Post subject: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 1:42 pm
The Liquefied Natural Gas plant in Sabetta will be constructed of several hundred different modules, which are built at different locations around the world. These modules weigh up to 10,000 tons and will be gathered in a European harbour before shipment to Yamal. It will take about four years to deliver them all to the Arctic area. Due to the harsh conditions found in the area with temperatures down to minus 40 degrees Celsius for part of the year, no ordinary vessel is able to take care of this kind of transportation. Aker Arctic has developed two module carriers, which can operate year-round in delivering the modules to Yamal. These carriers are different from anything designed and constructed earlier. They are typical heavy cargo ships with a wide cargo deck, but designed for exceptional ice circumstances as they need to be able to move in the Gulf of Ob round the year in order to keep the construction of the LNG plant on schedule. The ice class is Polar Class 3.

Here below the profile without modules plus a schematic of the modules (I am thinking how to draw a real module...)

[ img ]

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

Last edited by Lazer_one on April 17th, 2017, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Nice work, I wonder how much ballast it would require to remain at a trim waterline

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 4:14 pm
Excellent work! One of my friend's is crew aboard actually!

[Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:19 pm
Rodondo wrote: *
Nice work, I wonder how much ballast it would require to remain at a trim waterline
The ballast management is one of the most tricky point!
The ship must keep the balance during loading and unloading. Moreover must keep the vertical position regardless of changing tides. And, finally, must operate at very low temperature...

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 5:20 pm
Whaooo! Please ask for some picture ;)

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 7:48 pm
Excellent work.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 8:15 pm
Lazer_one wrote: *
Whaooo! Please ask for some picture ;)

Yea, I will try to call or text him to ask for you.

[Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 17th, 2017, 10:03 pm
Very interesting.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Arctic Module Carrier AUDAX & PUGNAXPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 2:07 pm
I can't call it attractive, but it's thought-provoking! I clearly need to do some reading.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: