Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
1143M
Post subject: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 7:16 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:01 am
Nice! Though I'd recommend looking at the shape of the hull as she has a more "shapely" hull that what seems to be depicted.

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:18 am
That looks good. And i don't believe the hull needs much work, its good as it is as a shipbucket drawing

[Profile] [Quote]
1143M
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:21 am
Rodondo wrote: *
Nice! Though I'd recommend looking at the shape of the hull as she has a more "shapely" hull that what seems to be depicted.
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:37 am
Sorry auto-correct got me there, shading not shape, the shape looks fine but IMO there should be more shading fore and aft under the water.

Might want to check your credits and title line, seem to be off the line

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 23rd, 2017, 9:54 am
I'm with Rodondo here, your shading now suggests an very round bow and a very flat stern in cross section, something quite far away from the streamlined hull the model and render show.

[Profile] [Quote]
1143M
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 24th, 2017, 11:59 am
Rodondo wrote: *
Sorry auto-correct got me there, shading not shape, the shape looks fine but IMO there should be more shading fore and aft under the water.

Might want to check your credits and title line, seem to be off the line
[ img ]

Satisfied?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 24th, 2017, 1:37 pm
for me the shading is good enough. But don't forget to fix the credit. We do have an standard on how the credit should be, it's all written in the shipbucket rule page

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 24th, 2017, 2:03 pm
His credits are fine. What's important is that he has drawn a nice real life ship - the font size of the credits aren't that big of a deal. ;)

Very good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Icebreaking research vessel Xue LongPosted: April 24th, 2017, 3:22 pm
Yeah that seems to fit the bill

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: