Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
bezobrazov
Post subject: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 17th, 2011, 12:36 am
I;m chosing to open a new topic dedicated to the Brazilian Bosisio-class, aka the British Type22 Broadsword-Class. So, since I posted the HMS Brilliant earlier, here's the same as Brazilian Dodsworth as of today. (Brazilian navy vessels doesn't carry a prefix btw) Also, the Brazilian ships carry the Super Lynx.

[ img ]

Updated with the proper Bofors 40mm AA guns!

Last edited by bezobrazov on February 17th, 2011, 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 17th, 2011, 9:27 am
bezobrazov wrote:
(Brazilian navy vessels doesn't carry a prefix btw)
...not exactly. It's just that the Brazilian Navy gives their vessels prefixes according to ship type. Thus, São Paulo would be NAe São Paulo(NAe - Navio Aeródromo, or Aircraft Carrier), while one of the Garcia-class FFs, which were classified as destroyers by the Brazilian Navy, would be, for instance, CT Pará(CT - Contratorpedeiro).

Regarding the drawing, I don't see anything wrong at first glance, although I have a question: Is that a gun mount just forward of the main mast? IIRC, the Type 22s were fitted with a Bofors 40mm L70 in that position in Brazilian service.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 17th, 2011, 12:14 pm
Thanks for your exhaustive answer. I stand duly corrcted. I suppose, judging by the vsize of the vessels, these ought to be referred to as CTs? Yes, it's a gun mount; a 30mm such to be precise. So I should change that. n oversight from my side! Thanks for noticing!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:18 am
Here's the CT Rademaker, which, I believe, is the flagship of the Brazilian Navy. She's the former HMS Battleaxe (F89), which ship will soon follow in the Type22-thread. Differences between the Rademaker and Dodsworth are apparent.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
gral
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 9:37 am
bezobrazov wrote:
Thanks for your exhaustive answer. I stand duly corrcted. I suppose, judging by the vsize of the vessels, these ought to be referred to as CTs? Yes, it's a gun mount; a 30mm such to be precise. So I should change that. n oversight from my side! Thanks for noticing!
Actually, they were classified as Frigates in the Brazilian Navy, so their prefix is F.

Regarding the gun mount on the bridge wings, it seems the 40mm guns were not mounted; the 30mm guns were removed before delivery of the Type 22s to Brazil though.

EDIT 1: Doing some checking; F 46 Greenhalgh(http://community.webshots.com/photo/ful ... 8069XSEAiT) and F 48 Bosisio(http://www.naviosbrasileiros.com.br/ngb ... 55-f26.jpg) have the 40mm L70 taken from the Niteroi class frigates. Still looking for pictures of F 47 Dodsworth and F 49 Rademaker

EDIT 2: F 49 Rademaker also has the 40mm Bofors(http://www.naval.com.br/blog/wp-content ... er-f49.JPG) F 47 Dodsworth doesn't seem to have it; she was taken out of service, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 12:17 pm
I did alter the gun mounts to reflect the actual ones carried. If it transpires that the Dodsworth never received one (though I believe I've seen pictures of her with it mounted - but I'm no expert on Brazilian ships!) then I'll be happy to update the picture of her accordingly! And to change the prefix is easy enough! Again, thanks for your valuable information. It's much appreciated!

[Profile] [Quote]
Stormwalker
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Greatest works Bezobrazov !!!

I am a brazilian guy, and i like to see the ships of my country being drawing. I like to do it myself, but my skills are very poor.

The best sites to see brazilian ships is http://www.naviosbrasileiros.com.br/ngb/ngb-new.htm (like informed by gral) and http://www.naval.com.br/blog/

Thanks to the drawings !!!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 11:40 pm
Obrigado, my friend! If I can I'll do the two remaining... Thanks for your compliments!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Brazil's Type22sPosted: February 18th, 2011, 11:47 pm
Didn't Brazil wanted to buy for after the Royal Navy has fallen?

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: