Only took me a month or so.
This is BOISE (CL-47) as the ship appeared in July of 1942, after a refit period at the Mare Island Navy Yard in Vallejo, California. BOISE is camouflaged in the overall Navy Blue (5-N) of Measure 21.
BOISE entered Mare Island after colliding with an uncharted submerged pinnacle while transiting the Sape Strait while operating with the Asiatic Fleet. This refit saw the pilot house glazing plated in and replaced with portholes as well as the addition of an improvised open bridge just forward and below "Sky One" (the forward Mark 33 director). Additional anti-aircraft guns have been added in tubs around the ship. At this time, BOISE had received four 1.1" Mark 1 quad machine-cannons in tubs abeam the bridge and aft superstructure, but only two Mark 44 directors for these guns have been fitted. Mark 4 "FD" radar has been mounted on the Mark 33 directors, and the reflectors of the Mark 3 "FC" screens sit above the Mark 34 main battery directors. The small mattress of the SC air search antenna sits at the foretop, with an SG surface search antenna on a small platform bracketed to the foremast. Waveguide losses at this time required the SG antenna to be mounted as close to the radar plot as possible, hence its position. The prominent searchlight platform between the funnels remains unchanged, with a large vent and a 5" practice loading machine at its base. The ship's pre-war boat complement has been drastically reduced, limited at this point to two motor whaleboats and two motor launches. This would be further reduced as the war dragged on. The starboard side boat crane has been removed as a weight savings measure.
BOISE would participate in the Battle of Cape Esperance in this configuration, with wartime propaganda casting the ship as the "One-Ship Fleet" next to claims that she sank six enemy ships, a great exaggeration of the actual outcome of the battle, in which the Japanese had only lost two ships sunk.
BOISE survived the war to be sold to Argentina in 1951, where she would be renamed NUEVE DE JULIO (C-5) and remain in service until sold for scrap in 1983.