Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 28th, 2011, 10:18 pm
LOL, surely no apologies are necessary, Novice. You only did what you thought was right, with the info you had - and, yes, with most of the Type21s your suggestion would indeed apply, I guess that's why I chose the Active, because she stuck out a little bit... When it comes to the other stuff, as always,I'll make sure to further investigate it! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 12:37 am
Here's the amended (and hopefully final) version of the Active.

Novice: there are no aft fins abaft the stabilizer; however, I had reason to more thoroughly recheck the actual alignment of both the stabilizer and the position and shape of the forward fin. Also I did redo completely your suggestion for a new sonar dome, and also moved it further to the bows.

With regards to the RTN-10x I had to redraw it substantially. I did, indeed, find one that I could use on the radar sheet, yet it wasn't satisfactory enough, so this is my rendition. Other minor alterations and corrections should be obvious.

Regarding the hull, Hood, it's been shortened. I did recalculate it and found that it was, indeed, slightly too long. I also lowered the upper portion of the hull, and graced it with a new bow. Also the rudder has been modified. I did darken the casings around the vent louvres, but I'm not reshading them as you suggested. I'll keep the color as it is since we do have a certain artist's licence, and much of my work is based on official and private models of the ship, in addition to plans and photos. Ergo: I want to retain a slight "new, fresh" attitude of the ship. This is my choice and I believe I've motivated it well enough.

So, here's the redrawn HMS Active as of 1987:

[ img ]

Ok, Hood and Golly, I've made a few updates. To my great horror, I noticed that I've not thoroughly enough checked the radar mast, so there were a few fields filled which should not have been; thus taken care off. As for the flag I've got no issue with changing that. The size is proper enough. But, Golly, although you propably put your heart and soul into making that White Ensign, I wasn't satisfied with its "ummpff" It simply didn't cut my criterion for liveliness and flare, so I manipulated it additionally to make it "fly more in the wind". I hope you don't mind. And, of course, if that flag is approved and well-liked enough, I'm all for other users to just pickit up and use it! Anyway, the final of the final version's posted! ;) :D :P

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 1st, 2011, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 11:59 am
Looks much better know with those changes. Nothing wrong with re-drawing the RTN-10X, after all parts tend to need improving time and I think the original RTN dates from years back before this forum existed.

The large Union Jack needs work though, looks too much like a shrunken pasted flag. The teak lines are growing on me I must admit. Golly might have some words about the large ensign though...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 12:23 pm
more than with the ensing's size, im still bit worried over its style. It still doesenä't look like proper pixel art, but rezise work.

Here is my take with the white-ensign:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 1:36 pm
Did update the image. Please check my comments below it!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 1:53 pm
well liveless and flaire are things that people usually overdo when their inspiration gets flying high ;) In my style I tried to follow the general simpleness of Shipbucket style itself, by applying the same ideas of shade and shaddow than with the actuall ships themselves.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 2:02 pm
LOL, oh my, oh my...I think I may have trampled someone's foot!

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 2:18 pm
No, Its fine in your current version ;) Im just trying to help people to introduce the shipbucket's deepest values so they can then excecute those on their own art. Drawing ensigns has been bit of a wild-jungle without any moderation...I've taken a habbit these days to set people straigth from too queer curves and bomboss...

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 3:07 pm
Yeah it was the pixellation I was referring too, not the size. The bigger the better!
I like the overall style, its easy to be sober sometimes but this is art and part of SB is knowing when to be an artist and when to be the uber-geek pixel counter!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: March 1st, 2011, 3:46 pm
Yeh, I agree with hood, thougth what is the best is to be an artist with your uber-geek pixel counter :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: