Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 5:55 am
Since the posting of the Type 22s, several people have asked me whether I'm going to make (or remake) the nifty, handsome Type 21. MihoshiK did this a while ago, though it's not up to his later, verified standards. Since this gentleman already has been very generous to me, allowing me to correct and update his Type 22 B3 drawing, I'm taking a chance here with this update and correction of his Type 21. The basic hull was satisfactory. A few dimensional adjustments had to be done, the directors are redrawn, so is the motor launch, the Exocet MM38s and so on; well, you may spot the differences! - And, most obviously, I added the underwater hull!
I hope this version will be agreeable to everyone.

So, here's the HMS Active, shown late in her career:

[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on February 25th, 2011, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 7:41 am
Looks good, however I see that in some cases this drawing doesn't stick with the SB rules, for instance the bridge windows should only be colored one specific blue. But other than that I can't find anything else

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 9:07 am
Ver nice, and a long-overdue update of aone of my favourite warships (all Vospers look beautiful). Apart from the bridge windows I'm not with you on the brown lining on the upper deck and with the guns, the 4.5-in isn't the latest version, if you look on Hood's RN weapons sheet you'll find a better one; also, the light gun on the bridge wing? Is that a 20mm? because I think there is a better one on the same sheet. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 9:41 am
Very nice. What i'd love to see is a Blowpipe/Javelin detachment from RMAD Troop or RA for the Gulf or Armilla patrol ships on Type 21/22

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 12:16 pm
As always your comments are welcome! About the bridge window colors, I didn't realize there were two different ones! Either a faux-paux in the process or something inherited! But I'll look in to it! And the other stuff? Well, I did the update a while ago, and haven't looked at it for a while (which is really bad in a sense!) so, I shall look at the weapons sheet once more - no probs! And rifleman, your suggestion is really, really tantalizing, but when did the Armilla patrol cease? For the Gulf Wars, I might consider it, if you'd find out where these weapons were situated - and where I might find the said weapon systems at SB! Oh, and PB, the brown (teak-) lining, did, in fact exist! I thought it just looked so darn cool so I couldn't resist that! I know at SB-scale you get a slight distortion of scale, but allow this one peculiarity; I think it just adds a sort of queer, but very British character to the ship!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 12:27 pm
Image now updated with the major errors fixed. About the Blowpipe/Javelin-thing I'm still waiting for more thorough info!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 3:42 pm
Teak you say :o Well, if you can get it past Gollevainen good luck, but I'd leave it out myself (but not an issue). I found some pics of the Pakistan version you might be interested in; I've posted them under sources and reference drawings :)

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 4:36 pm
the pics I have and through a guy I know who was on the teams tended to work of the flight decks

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 4:37 pm
I see no proplems in the bridge windov colors. Only thing that bothers me is the dark brown of deck showing of. I wouldn't nesserical even drawn it that way, as this is shipbucket and there is always room for few pixels of "artistic rendition" in the details. If you however want to show the deck angled that way, i would suggest using lot ligther shade of the color, so it wouldnt strike out so violently.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Type 21 Per Public Request:Posted: February 25th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Brown deck aside,a very nice drawing of a fine looking ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 38 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: