Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
waterwings
Post subject: Retiring Rivers, Protector & MagpiePosted: June 3rd, 2018, 11:33 pm
It seems that every time I manage to complete an RN vessel, they are immediately decommissioned, so I suspect for the good of the Service I should probably stop doodling RN ships. However, here to represent the outgoing Rivers that are being withdrawn are:

P283 HMS Mersey

[ img ]

P257 HMS Clyde

[ img ]

Tyne and Severn have already been quietly decommissioned, with the first 'new' River, HMS Forth, now in Portsmouth.

Here's a couple that might (hopefully) stay active for a few more years yet ...

A173 HMS Protector, including the survey motor boat James Caird IV

[ img ]
(An absolute nightmare for me with all the gantries and framework supporting the flight deck - I've given it a fairly decent stab but I'm not sure I'd ever be able to do it justice ... :roll: )

And a very early go at H130 HMS Magpie ... hopefully some more images will be released when trials are completed and she's handed over to the Navy. With Gleaner's retirement, the RN's smallest commissioned ships are now Scimitar and Sabre, as Magpie is 18m long.

[ img ]

Also, I'm desperate for any images/references for HMS Scott - she's next on the list but any useful diagrams/general arrangement plans of the ship seem impossible to find :geek: The only surface ships left for me in the current RN are Scott and a Queen Elizabeth-class, but that project probably needs a bit more time to complete, so a good reference for Scott would be great for getting her out the way!

[Profile] [Quote]
sparky42
Post subject: Re: Retiring Rivers, Protector & MagpiePosted: June 4th, 2018, 2:28 am
Have you had a look on Safehaven's sites, they've had plenty of images of Magpie as she's been built in Cork.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Retiring Rivers, Protector & MagpiePosted: June 6th, 2018, 3:16 pm
Great work on all four of these drawings.
I agree that we need a decent QE drawing on the bucket, as the older CVF ones are badly dated now.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Retiring Rivers, Protector & MagpiePosted: June 7th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Fantastic work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: