Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Mariz e Barros Brazilian DestroyerPosted: June 19th, 2018, 5:13 am
The three destroyers of the class were built between 1938 and 1943 following a modified Mahan design. This is Mariz de Barros along all his long life. She began using old WW1 guns borrowed from Bahia Cruiser stocks and ended her life as the first Brazilian Navy Guided Missile destroyer:

Here is she as projected:

[ img ]

In 1943 she was finished at the Arsenal de Marinha do Rio de Janeiro with temporary weapons to go to Philadelphia Navy Yard where she will received her final armament:

[ img ]

In 1944 she left Philadelphia Navy Yard with her final armament of four 5 in Mk38 cannons, four 40 mm guns, 10 20 mm guns and four torpedo tubes:
[ img ]

In 1956 she received new radar and control systems:
[ img ]

In 1966 she received new radars, a Seacat quadruple mount, two hedegehogs, loose all 20 mm guns, two 40 mm guns and two 5 in cannon:
[ img ]

In 1970 her bridge was reconstructed and loose one 5 in cannon. She was laid up in 1972:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Mariz e Barros Brazilian DestroyerPosted: June 19th, 2018, 3:26 pm
Cool stuff, glad to see someone drawing these. I did not know Brazil built DDs along American lines (and then had them refitted in the US). Super interesting.

I do not need to be credited though since you haven't used any big parts from my drawings. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Mariz e Barros Brazilian DestroyerPosted: June 19th, 2018, 3:56 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
Cool stuff, glad to see someone drawing these. I did not know Brazil built DDs along American lines (and then had them refitted in the US). Super interesting.

I do not need to be credited though since you haven't used any big parts from my drawings. ;)
Sorry if I use inadvertly any of your parts and didn't credited it. I use Ian's hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Mariz e Barros Brazilian DestroyerPosted: June 19th, 2018, 4:50 pm
I credit my drawings using my real name - Ian Roberts. I don't recognize the hull you have used, I think it's different enough that you can only credit yourself: (pepembr_mb)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: