[ img ]

In 1943:
[ img ]

In 1944:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 26th, 2018, 5:25 pm
For the most part, these seem quite well executed. But I think you ought to shade the (not sure the right term) 'structural lines' or 'crease lines' according to the local camouflage. Look, for instance, at the dark gray lines on the forward 5/38 mounts when colored in dark blue (1941-1943). Really, these dark grays should be much darker blues. Likewise with the ladders.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 26th, 2018, 6:15 pm
erik_t wrote: *
For the most part, these seem quite well executed. But I think you ought to shade the (not sure the right term) 'structural lines' or 'crease lines' according to the local camouflage. Look, for instance, at the dark gray lines on the forward 5/38 mounts when colored in dark blue (1941-1943). Really, these dark grays should be much darker blues. Likewise with the ladders.
Thank you for the feedback.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 26th, 2018, 9:48 pm
I think you are doing good work and I'm especially glad to see someone working on real life USN ships. :)

That said, there are areas that need work, such as the camouflage coloration (as erik_t points out), and also I'm not sure you are getting the radar fit and specific gun types correct on these ships. For instance you have the YE homing beacon on the masthead of the later ships, when these were not (to my knowledge) fitted to these ships. If you need help identifying radar and guns please PM me.

Again, I'm also not sure why my name is in the credits -- I don't recognize the hull you are using and I think you shouldn't try to copy hulls for these ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 26th, 2018, 10:01 pm
Colosseum wrote: *
I think you are doing good work and I'm especially glad to see someone working on real life USN ships. :)
Thank you! For me, is an extension of my work at Brazilian Navy ships that were based on Mahan. It's a tribute for our allied at WW2. We sent troops, a complete infantry division, to fight in Italy side by side with American forces.
That said, there are areas that need work, such as the camouflage coloration (as erik_t points out), and also I'm not sure you are getting the radar fit and specific gun types correct on these ships. For instance you have the YE homing beacon on the masthead of the later ships, when these were not (to my knowledge) fitted to these ships. If you need help identifying radar and guns please PM me.
I'm using photographs as patern with some plans. I'll send the photos to you.
Again, I'm also not sure why my name is in the credits -- I don't recognize the hull you are using and I think you shouldn't try to copy hulls for these ships.
They were based in the Farragut hull as the original thing.

Thank you for all your comments. I'll correct them soon. Now, I have an advanced Cassin drawn to close the Mahan serie.

Cheers

Pepe

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 28th, 2018, 12:06 pm
erik_t wrote: *
Done!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 28th, 2018, 5:23 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Dunlap Class DestroyerPosted: June 28th, 2018, 7:39 pm
emperor_andreas wrote: *
Very nice work!
Thank you! Please, cantou give a look to my Mahan and Cassin renditions?

Cheers

Pepe

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: