Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
reytuerto
Post subject: Patrol Boat PGCP-50 Class, Rio Cañete.Posted: September 29th, 2018, 11:47 pm
Good evening, guys.

Here is the first of a class of four patrol boats which are (or will be) the backbone of the Peruvian Coastguard, PM-205 Rio Cañete.
[ img ]

A South Korean STX Offshore and Shipbuilding design, based in the Taeguk patrol boat (but with twin screws instead waterjets), built in Chimbote from CKD blocks. Steel hulled, but the superstructures are of aluminium. Equipped with 3 interceptor RIHB, a 30 mm gun and two M2, all controlled from inside, they are rather fast patrol boats capable of 23 knots. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Patrol Boat PGCP-50 Class, Rio Cañete.Posted: September 30th, 2018, 8:30 am
Very nice work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Patrol Boat PGCP-50 Class, Rio Cañete.Posted: September 30th, 2018, 9:20 am
Nice indeed.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Patrol Boat PGCP-50 Class, Rio Cañete.Posted: September 30th, 2018, 10:01 am
Nice work so far.

For what it's worth, I this is an example of a drawing where I think some deviation from the official Shipbucket standard is appropriate.

Consider your navigation radars. On a ~100m-length ship (which is really the progenitor of the style), these could be considered insignificant to the overall profile. Here, they dominate the structure of the mast. How thick are the antennas in reality?

I don't know precisely what radars this unit mounts, but here are some data from the Furuno FR-2115 series:
[ img ]

Hmm, 7.2", 5.4"? Don't let the old guard know this, but I'd think about depicting these navigation radars as a single medium-gray line. As I personally understand and regard Shipbucket drawings, they are an outgrowth of old ship recognition drawings, a point of comparison for what you might see on the horizon. "Is that a PGCP-50?", you ask. If the surface search radar dominates the Shipbucket drawing but wouldn't dominate the profile in real life, I think deviation from the standard is called for.

Food for thought :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Calis
Post subject: Re: Patrol Boat PGCP-50 Class, Rio Cañete.Posted: September 30th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Interesting design, seems like it would be fast in shallow waters

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: